reef-pi 4.0 release announcement

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still waiting for some of the hardware but just wondering if reef pi would able to process aka subscribe to mqtt devices. Would save loads of wiring. Also open the door for manage more than one aquarium in long proximity without extra scripting

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still waiting for some of the hardware but just wondering if reef pi would able to process aka subscribe to mqtt devices. Would save loads of wiring. Also open the door for manage more than one aquarium in long proximity without extra scripting
Not yet. But I think it won’t be too hard to get a Mqtt subscription based HAL driver. If there’s enough interest we should create a ticket and continue the conversation in github

peejay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could anyone help me to upgrade from 3.4 to 4.1 please? When I run
sudo dpkg -i reef-pi-4.1-pi3.deb
I get
dpkg: error: dpkg frontend lock is locked by another process

Thanks.

Never mind, working now.

Last edited:

peejay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I upgraded from 3.4 to 4.1. I am now getting the following error...

temperature sub-system. Failed to read sensor WaterHeat. Error:eek:pen /sys/bus/w1/devices/28-0316a2793c74/w1_slave: no such file or directory

Could anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this/
Thanks.

peejay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fixed the above, was a faulty connection but now I have a strange issue when I try to change my temperature (please note, I am using reef-pi to control my growbox hence the different temperatures)
Prior to upgrading to 4.1 I was running my heater at 25C and chiller at 26C with hysterisis of 0.5C. I want to increase that to 28 and 30 respectively but that produces an error "The temperature settings cannot be saved due to validation errors. Please correct the errors and try again."
What is really strange is if I set the temperatures back to the original 25 and 26 I get the same error message.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could anyone help me to upgrade from 3.4 to 4.1 please? When I run
sudo dpkg -i reef-pi-4.1-pi3.deb
I get
dpkg: error: dpkg frontend lock is locked by another process

Thanks.

Never mind, working now.
This means there’s another thing that’s running upgrade or it’s stuck. Reboot pi.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fixed the above, was a faulty connection but now I have a strange issue when I try to change my temperature (please note, I am using reef-pi to control my growbox hence the different temperatures)
Prior to upgrading to 4.1 I was running my heater at 25C and chiller at 26C with hysterisis of 0.5C. I want to increase that to 28 and 30 respectively but that produces an error "The temperature settings cannot be saved due to validation errors. Please correct the errors and try again."
What is really strange is if I set the temperatures back to the original 25 and 26 I get the same error message.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Could be a bug. I’ll check. Please start a thread on your build instead of using this release announcement thread for troubleshooting

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back