Reef-pi project on raspberry zero

ryangonzalezrz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2024
Messages
28
Reaction score
4
Location
Brasil
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening, I'm planning to set up a reef-pi project on a Raspbery zero, and I would like to know if anyone has already set it up on a zero. My idea is to integrate a temperature sensor, optical sensor, I will make a set of sockets controlled by relay boards and integrate it into the reef-pi as well. Could anyone who has set up a Raspberry Zero give me some tips? What components and boards can I replace to use on the Raspberry Zero?
 
I would also like to know, if I got a Raspberry 3 b, if I can install the reef-pi and the home assistant on the same device, if there will be no conflict. In the home assistant I only use a USB to connect the ZigBee dongle and the other devices are wifi
 
You can run it on a Rpi 0 without any modification. I'm running mine on a Rpi 0 model 2 without any issue. The 0 has more than enough power to run also a complex controller (mine controls 16 outlet, 8 input, 4 pwm led channel, ecc)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new