Reef Pro Salt availability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know where some is available? I'm out

@Biff0rz that’s been the problem for quite a while. No one seems to have the salt. Can’t speak for others but I’m starting to figure out what salt I should switch to when I run out of TM Pro as well

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lou Ekus question for you about your other salts, specifically the “Synbiotic”
Is that salt only available through BRS here in the states? I tried to have my LFS order some, as I normally get my TM products from them but they told me it isn’t even available for them to order and only from “preferred suppliers”?? I tried searching online and BRS is the only website besides yours that even mentions it.
Can you clarify all this?
I really liked the 1 bucket I got from BRS originally.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think it is a manufacturing issue. My SIL lives in Germany and they have been on lockdown for over a month now. Not sure if still like this now but it was only grocery stores and pharmacies open. Not sure factories were operating.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lou Ekus question for you about your other salts, specifically the “Synbiotic”
Is that salt only available through BRS here in the states? I tried to have my LFS order some, as I normally get my TM products from them but they told me it isn’t even available for them to order and only from “preferred suppliers”?? I tried searching online and BRS is the only website besides yours that even mentions it.
Can you clarify all this?
I really liked the 1 bucket I got from BRS originally.
Most of our distributors do not carry the Syn-Biotic salt. So, in turn, it is true that stores that are not Tropic Marin Preferred Dealers have a difficult time getting it. That being said, all of our TM Preferred Dealers can order the salt in for you. Here is a link to our TM Preferred Dealer locator:
Hopefully, you can find one near you. You can also let your LFS know that we would be very happy to chat with them about becoming a TM Preferred Dealer, if they are interested. All they have to do is contact us directly for the information.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think it is a manufacturing issue. My SIL lives in Germany and they have been on lockdown for over a month now. Not sure if still like this now but it was only grocery stores and pharmacies open. Not sure factories were operating.
Tropic Marin has been very lucky and has made accommodations in our shift schedule in the factory, so we have not had any slow down in manufacturing due to COVID. The factory has been running, and more TM has been coming into the US than ever. The difficulty in finding product these days, is mostly due to the extreme increase in demand that the Tropic Marin brand has seen in the past year. There have been some shipping port delays, due to COVID, and the backup of ships and containers in ports. But the demand is really the thing that has influenced supply more than anything.
The bottom line is that there IS a constant supply of TM product coming into the US. And it seems that as soon as retailers get product in stock, they are sold out. So keeping in close touch with your retailer, so that as soon as they get product in you are on the list for it, is the best way to insure staying in TM salt these days.
We have increased our manufacturing capacity significantly. And we have additional manufacturing increases coming soon. So we anticipate being able to get ahead of this demand increase very soon. So, if you can hang in there, you should be seeing the supply issue getting better and better.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lou Ekus ....What’s the difference between the box of pro salt marked ‘new’ by a website supplier and the 80g bucket? I purchased it since I couldn’t find the 80 g bucket. I’m asking since the box mixed a lot lower in alk, took more salt to get it up to 7. I brought this up to the seller who’s reply was maybe it settled.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of our distributors do not carry the Syn-Biotic salt. So, in turn, it is true that stores that are not Tropic Marin Preferred Dealers have a difficult time getting it. That being said, all of our TM Preferred Dealers can order the salt in for you. Here is a link to our TM Preferred Dealer locator:
Hopefully, you can find one near you. You can also let your LFS know that we would be very happy to chat with them about becoming a TM Preferred Dealer, if they are interested. All they have to do is contact us directly for the information.
In the mean time while I try to locate some, could I sorta of get the same effect as the synbiotic if I dose both the Reef Actif and the Nitiribiotic at the same time as my water change with TMP salt?

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lou Ekus ....What’s the difference between the box of pro salt marked ‘new’ by a website supplier and the 80g bucket? I purchased it since I couldn’t find the 80 g bucket. I’m asking since the box mixed a lot lower in alk, took more salt to get it up to 7. I brought this up to the seller who’s reply was maybe it settled.
All of the Pro Reef salt is exactly the same no matter what the packaging is.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the mean time while I try to locate some, could I sorta of get the same effect as the synbiotic if I dose both the Reef Actif and the Nitiribiotic at the same time as my water change with TMP salt?
That wouldn't be exactly the same, but would be quite similar and a good substitute if you are not able to get the Syn-Biotic.

hobie61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any luck in finding a source for TM Pro salt? I received a couple small boxes from Marine Depot last week, but out of stock again. Need to find source soon. Thanks for your input.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any luck in finding a source for TM Pro salt? I received a couple small boxes from Marine Depot last week, but out of stock again. Need to find source soon. Thanks for your input.
You should find that they will be back in stock very soon.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can I purchase Tropic Marin Pro Reef, doesn’t appear to be in stock anywhere?
I'm sorry that you are having that trouble locating Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt.

There have been some delays in restocking for many different reasons. Some of those related to COVID and some not. However, there is a constant supply coming into the country. So you can anticipate your retailer being restocked very soon.

Out best suggestion is to keep in close contact with your retailer so as soon as they do get some stock in, you are on the list for purchase. It seems that the demand has increased so dramatically, that as soon as retailers get stock in, they seem to sell out very quickly.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I hope this is the same salt. I just ordered some.
Yes, that is our same Pro Reef salt! :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back