Reef Pro Store?

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone shop here and have an anecdotal experience? They have really good prices on Black Tangs and I'm very close to pulling the trigger. Also, does anyone have a coupon code for here by chance? Thanks!

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be one of the few that will say I wouldn’t take a free fish or support them for many reasons. At one time I would have and high hopes in them but seems they took a different path. Maybe they cleaned up all their issues now but beginning of the year they were a mess. Don’t want to give details but from disease, can’t keep ordered fish alive to ship and not knowing how to sex wrasse they sold and way over inflated prices on some wrasse.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
^this…

i was trapped in his cycles of credit
due to his poor packaging or unhealthy fish.

the guy is short tempered as well
and has absolutely zero manners
or proper customer service skills.

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They have healthy livestock, but, their customer service (especially for how much their mark up their livestock) is severely lacking, and they seem to be quite dismissive of their customers when they email or phone with simple questions, such as “why did you fail to ship my order on the date I selected?”.

Sorry, but if I’m giving you THOUSANDS of dollars for a rare specimen that’s potentially marked up 100-300% over your competitors, you’d better offer best in class customer service. Places like POMA, Pacific East and TSM have earned my trust because they take great care to ensure their customer’s success.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have healthy livestock, but, their customer service (especially for how much their mark up their livestock) is severely lacking, and they seem to be quite dismissive of their customers when they email or phone with simple questions, such as “why did you fail to ship my order on the date I selected?”.

Sorry, but if I’m giving you THOUSANDS of dollars for a rare specimen that’s potentially marked up 100-300% over your competitors, you’d better offer best in class customer service. Places like POMA, Pacific East and TSM have earned my trust because they take great care to ensure their customer’s success.
Tsm is local to me great people.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will never buy a fish from them ever again. Tried it twice and 90% death rate and their customer service is the worst. Even when they make mistakes, they will only give you store credit that expires in a few months. They inventory system is stupid. They let you buy fish that are clearly not in stock and then ship out partial order without telling you ahead of time and give you store credit so you are forced to pay shipping again. I forfeited my store credit instead of playing their dumb game. This is same with their auction too. They auction fish that are not even in stock.

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tsm is local to me great people.

Not so local to me, but I like to visit their warehouse when I order from them. Really great guys.

To Reef Pro’s credit, I did have an order arrive a day late (Fedex’s fault) with the fish in the bag for 42 hours (albeit, it was a second attempt to ship the order which arrived nearly week after I expected). Everything was healthy and survived shipment, so they had packed my order quite well.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Customer service was pretty poor. Made up excuses for sending the wrong fish when it was clearly communicated. Probably burned for me

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won a fish through their auction. It arrived on time but in horrible condition. Did the usual, e-mails with pictures. The fish died the next day. They refused to give me full credit because it died in my tank and not in transit.

DakotahSteel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been hit or miss with these guys. Either really good or all of a sudden there are auction minimums on items that isn’t posted anywhere. Either way looks like they may have gone out of business the website is all 404 or no products

OP
OP
A

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve been hit or miss with these guys. Either really good or all of a sudden there are auction minimums on items that isn’t posted anywhere. Either way looks like they may have gone out of business the website is all 404 or no products
Yeah seen that. Just before I bought the tang too guess it was divine intervention

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re the worst:
  • Got a moribund fish from them
  • Didn’t hear from them until I left a 2/5 review
  • Then they finally offered me credit in return for removing review
  • The credit card expired in 3 weeks
  • Bought a second fish listed as in stock a week later
  • Fish never arrived
  • Asked about it a week later
  • They finally got back to me the next week saying it was out of stock
  • They refunded the now expired gift card
  • Stopped answering emails
  • Never got my money back

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Someone on another thread speculated that their site’s livestock section might have been down for the past few weeks because of a systemwide velvet infestation. Shouldn’t take more than a few hours (1-2 days if you have a poor tech team) to correct a technical site problem.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back