Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Nyos reef putty........ £20

D&D two part epoxy putty...... £4.95

Insert other putty brands here please.....

Hi all I'm a bit 'easy' and I visit many local fish stores around here in the UK from London to Liverpool so far, maybe best described in other ways but I'm keeping it clean, anyway,

I went to a new shop that shall remain nameless and innocent as the advice given was fair and true but most likely not to nyos's favour, as the answer was 'nah its the same, absolutely no difference just the price'

Is there something I and that lfs store manager missed?, is there 9ct gold flakes in the Nyos putty or are Nyos just looking at us through a telescope as we bought it, while laughing and pointing???

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With Nyos you get the matching black container. :grinning-squinting-face:

Is there a difference? Probably. Does it justify the extra +£15? Hard to say. I drink the Nyos Kool-aid as well, so I'm somewhat biased - because I use their products and supplements (and they do work well). I guess it depends on how much putty you need. I've spent significantly more on just the rocks so the glue/putty is really a drop in the bucket (even if it's the premium stuff).

OP
OP
Brucealmighty

Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With Nyos you get the matching black container. :grinning-squinting-face:

Is there a difference? Probably. Does it justify the extra +£15? Hard to say. I drink the Nyos Kool-aid as well, so I'm somewhat biased - because I use their products and supplements (and they do work well). I guess it depends on how much putty you need. I've spent significantly more on just the rocks so the glue/putty is really a drop in the bucket (even if it's the premium stuff).

Yeah I hear your point the box is very attractive, ten out of ten for packaging I guess :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: my rockscape is old and set in stone well coralline and zoa's just wanted to extend my pavona's real estate a bit as its not very good at plating out as much as it likes growing in curly wurly patterns to the sky
16601615387536572003537517787363.jpg

Needless to say I ordered some of the tried and trusted D-D epoxy over the new fandangle reef putty from Nyos but I look forward to hearing how good it is on here and maybe being forced into eating my words saying it was too expensive :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Last edited:

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 44 38.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 59 52.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back