Reef Raft Incubus

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ultraman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ultraman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2012
Messages
411
Reaction score
304
Location
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a frag a few weeks back that looks like it’s paling out and STNing. Does anyone have this coral doing well, if so, any suggestions and/or pictures for keeping it successfully? Thanks
 
Can you post pictures and list your current parameters? How long has your tank been set up? What kind of lighting are you using?
 
Mainly wanting others experience and or pictures. I’ve been at this hobby for close to 20 years and have the basics down.
 
If you got if from Reef Raft usa, I believe he keeps his alk around 8.5 and has radion g4 pros for lighting? Your tank much different than that? I have a lot of reef raft corals. I run my alk between 8 and 9 and also have radions. I do always start my frags on the sandbed or on a frag rack pretty low and then move them up.
 
Mainly wanting others experience and or pictures. I’ve been at this hobby for close to 20 years and have the basics down.

Almost nobody has pictures of anything from RR USA because he doesn't grow out colonies much, he sells them until they're gone. You likely are one of the 6-7 people on that planet that will ever have one.

A lot of shops work this way. Don't be upset, or surprised. You are probably the only person that will be able to put up a picture.

He lights his SPS with G4 pro's and T5.
 
Well, not sure if many keep this one as a search was limited. I got mine from Aquavista and I run Ushio 14 K 400 watt halides, VHO and a few Kessil A360w. Alkalinity is 7.6, phosphate.05 and nitrate 10-15. Most of my other frags are doing well, but this one is on its way out. Probably 20” below the halides and other lamps.
 
I would check with the vendor you got it from and see what kind of lighting they have and where they keep their alk,
 
ok, are your parameters pretty close to theirs? how long did they have the coral and was it doing well in their tank?
 
ok, are your parameters pretty close to theirs? how long did they have the coral and was it doing well in their tank?

Tim’s pic looked amazing. I’m pretty close on parameters, except my nitrate is higher at 10. My flow might be more too.
 
I don't think the nitrates at 10 would be an issue. Anyone picking at it? You have a pic?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new