Reef Raft Wolverine Acro

AJ_Tsin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my RR Wolverine straight from RR Canada.

Haven't posted much on R2R just getting into the discussions here:

DSC02812.jpg

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's nice AJ, it's got a nice yellow color to it.

rideit6578

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure who may or may not be an expert on the various wolverines (and doubtful anyone really is). I have seen the RR Canada, RR USA and AOA (RR Asia). I am not an expert on sps species identification, that is for sure. There are differences among them. It is confusing and I doubt it will ever be absolutely clear. There certainly is a incentive to claim authenticity . And rumors float about who may or may not have an original frag, colony, or where an additional colony was banked for safekeeping. Part of the forums lends itself to innuendo and secrecy and presumed expertise. Best any of us can do, is be aware of our own frags lineage assuming you got it from the source. But also be aware, that even reputable honest people get their frags mixed up and so confusion reigns sometimes It is an incredibly beautiful coral, nonetheless. I feel fortunate to have been able to acquire a frag of 2 out of the three mentioned.

Well said man! I have a tiny piece of the rr wolverine growing too small for a picture but it has yellow tips and a yellow rim around the encrusting part. Pretty cool and hoping that it turns out as rich in color as some of yours!

kingator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took a couple other shots of my Wolverine its coming along nicely.

DSC03152.jpg

DSC03181.jpg
love this piece i also will be receiving mines this week..... what placement u have it at ? lower light , higher light ?

shlap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After stopping by Reef Raft on my way through LA and seeing this piece in person, and Tony convincing me that this was the original RR Wolverine, I decided I couldn't pass it up. It had the yellow tips and blue base like the original stock photo. Here's mine after a 6 hr drive back to Phoenix and a Bayer dip. It lost a bit of color, but still glows under the LEDs pretty good. Here's a day time pic and an evening pic with more blues on. I can't wait for it to grow out.

Wolverine-and-Sour-Lemon.jpg

Wolverine---Blues.jpg

Last edited:

shrimplet

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After stopping by Reef Raft on my way through LA and seeing this piece in person, and Tony convincing me that this was the original RR Wolverine, I decided I couldn't pass it up. It had the yellow tips and blue base like the original stock photo. Here's mine after a 6 hr drive back to Phoenix and a Bayer dip. It lost a bit of color, but still glows under the LEDs pretty good. Here's a day time pic and an evening pic with more blues on. I can't wait for it to grow out.

Wolverine-and-Sour-Lemon.jpg
Wolverine---Blues.jpg

nice frag! now i know where to get a frag local when it grows out lol

shlap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice frag! now i know where to get a frag local when it grows out lol

Hi shrimplet! Tony mentioned you :) It's a pretty small frag and it's a slow grower from what he tells me so gonna be awhile. Why is all the good stuff slow growing!

PSU4ME

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine hasn't grown much in the past 4 months and still is just showing the yellow and green hints......hopefully the blue colors are next. I can get pics tonight. The one above looks like it is doing very well.

Aquanaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got one too. I hope its real deal. I dont get crazy polyp extension, but color is nice. Base encrusted nicely. Well see how it develops

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back