Reef Raft Wolverine Acro

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the Wolverine was originally from RR Canada and I believe both Reef Rafts lost their colony, this is likely just another wild colony that they called Wolverine because it's similar.
That happens a lot with some vendors...I was thinking the same thing lol

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Early morning pictures, I just added led actinics literally the other day so still working to see if I can take pictures with them on and halides.

And these are from a week or two ago of my pink floyd with t5's and metal halides

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure who may or may not be an expert on the various wolverines (and doubtful anyone really is). I have seen the RR Canada, RR USA and AOA (RR Asia). I am not an expert on sps species identification, that is for sure. There are differences among them. It is confusing and I doubt it will ever be absolutely clear. There certainly is a incentive to claim authenticity . And rumors float about who may or may not have an original frag, colony, or where an additional colony was banked for safekeeping. Part of the forums lends itself to innuendo and secrecy and presumed expertise. Best any of us can do, is be aware of our own frags lineage assuming you got it from the source. But also be aware, that even reputable honest people get their frags mixed up and so confusion reigns sometimes It is an incredibly beautiful coral, nonetheless. I feel fortunate to have been able to acquire a frag of 2 out of the three mentioned.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I got a free frag of AoA wolverin from Tony, I'll post a pic of them tonight. Big difference thou between them.

I questioned AOA about it when they posted it for sale not long ago and that was their response. So I was going off what they said.

LAX Noob Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Here is pic of both frag, as you can see one is very skinny stick like. The other one is very cluster and groupy.
photo3_zpscf973a37.jpg

photo4_zps0d2573dd.jpg

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't say they are different just because of the branch thickness. Flow can effect that greatly. Let them grow out some then that will tell the tale

LAX Noob Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Just a side nite. The wolverine starting to have tiny white spots around the mouth. Never had this happening before. But I could see 1 mouth had PE which was never there before. So guessing it's growing PE?

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw the RR USA Wolverine yesterday yep that the right one. Was it when RR Canada first ship the Wolverine to RR USA it didn't have small skinny branch it was like a cluster with thick branch. I pass on the AOA so call wolverine free frag. just got the RR USA wolverine only. put it in my tank last night and this morning PE already out. so happy.
photo (3).jpg

LAX Noob Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Saw the RR USA Wolverine yesterday yep that the right one. Was it when RR Canada first ship the Wolverine to RR USA it didn't have small skinny branch it was like a cluster with thick branch. I pass on the AOA so call wolverine free frag. just got the RR USA wolverine only. put it in my tank last night and this morning PE already out. so happy. photo (3).jpg

Nice, mind sharing your placement, light, and tank param?

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is that the original?

No, it seems there have been a few colonies and the original would have only been obtained by reef raft canada customers and reef raft USA customers that got it before they lost the colony over a year ago. It seems like all the others are new wild colonies that look similar. In addition, I have yet to see this coral in any form color up to look anything like the original pics. It's a nice coral, but nothing special like the colony pics suggest in my opinion.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back