Reef Raft Wolverine Acro

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I lost it there for a while but it's slowly looking better and better. Hopefully it will make a full comeback.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not so sure that the mother colonies are dead . I am also not 100% on the true lineage of some of these corals being offered (meaning are the frags from the actual original pieces from the photos posted by RR Canada?). Most of these RR corals originated from RR Canada and a lot of the colonies were sold off to buyers in Canada. The original RR Avengers is a prime examples of this. I know there were a few colonies of the pink floyd coral, but I had never seen more then one colony of the other pieces. Most of the colony photos posted originated from RR Canada and probably didn't make it to RR USA (well at least the entire piece, or maybe none at all?)...who knows. Do they look the same as the original photos by RR Canada?

I could be wrong, but this is just my observations from a person who has seen pretty much all of the 'original colonies' here in Canada.

Avenger's, Wolverine, CJ Pinky, JT's mean green, and a few others were split and sent to RR USA. Reef Raft USA lost those split colonies and I've heard from a couple different sources that RR Canada lost several of the colonies of those original Acros also.

BIGSHOW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Avenger's, Wolverine, CJ Pinky, JT's mean green, and a few others were split and sent to RR USA. Reef Raft USA lost those split colonies and I've heard from a couple different sources that RR Canada lost several of the colonies of those original Acros also.

You heard wrong.....at least about RR Canada losing several of those original colonies.

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You heard wrong.....at least about RR Canada losing several of those original colonies.
I remember reading in some other post that someone said the RR canada avengers colony was sold to someone and they hinted it was you. I recall you saying that it went to a good home. Werr you the lucky guy that bought it? If so i bet that wasnt too cheap!

BIGSHOW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember reading in some other post that someone said the RR canada avengers colony was sold to someone and they hinted it was you. I recall you saying that it went to a good home. Werr you the lucky guy that bought it? If so i bet that wasnt too cheap!

All I can confirm is that it went to a good home ;)

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So you're saying they didn't lose a lot of those colonies, even if Avengers was not one of them?

horseplay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is mine. it looks much different from everyone else's. In person the tips are almost the same as in the picture but the bottom is lighter.
IMAG0120.jpg

psidriven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates on people's wolverines? any looking like rr canada's pictures? i know pink floyds do, but want to see some wolverines.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is not growing as fast as I thought, it did encrust pretty quick though. It is mostly green with a hint of blue. Can't get the yellow but I think that's because I feed my fish and corals pretty heavily so my nutrients are a tad high.

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine, slow to moderate grower up under high light and moderate to strong flow:

wolverine_zpsd3fc185a.jpg

That's after about 7 months.

Dave

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I have something that looks dead on like yours Dave...
image.jpg

here is a different one
image.jpg

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pics guys.

psidriven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like the most people can get the yellow, but anyone got the dark body too? Mine has the yellow and the body was getting darker, but not almost purple like the rr picture.

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def a new and unique display of color. I need to get up on a cut!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back