Reef Raft Wolverine Acro

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look pretty green to me, maybe if I really squint I see yellow. ;)
Green and yellow are always a color some people see differently. Working at a LFS, some people point at something and go "that's a nice green!" when I see it as yellow. Haha. Same with metallic brown/gold and blue/purple.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow acros always look green until you put them next to some true green acros and you can see the difference.

In this instance they would just look like a different green ;)

Last edited:

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so here is my RR USA Pink Floyd:

Pink Floyd 1 small-X3.jpg

Here is my RR USA Sabertooth:

Sabertooth 1 small-X3.jpg

And my RR USA Wolverine for your reference:

Wolverine 12 small-X3.jpg

Wayne, really nice picture of the Pink Floyd. I have that one coming soon. I hope I can get it to go to that nice yellow you are getting. My tank leans to green often. How long have you had the Pink Floyd. It looks to be growing nicely.

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look pretty green to me, maybe if I really squint I see yellow. ;)

Are you saying my three look green? I agree with you regarding the Sabertooth. It has a green tint, but I really don't see any green with the Wolverine or Pink Floyd.

Wayne, really nice picture of the Pink Floyd. I have that one coming soon. I hope I can get it to go to that nice yellow you are getting. My tank leans to green often. How long have you had the Pink Floyd. It looks to be growing nicely.

Thank you. I've had it for awhile, but I don't remember how long. I actually traded Tony a bunch of stuff for it so I twisted him arm to cut me a relatively larger piece. Be warned though, the Pink Floyd has a tendency to lighten up a lot when introduced to new lighting. I've actually heard this from a few people, but it does eventually color back up. It seems to like being blasted with a lot of light. I always start my acros down lower and slowly bring them up in my tank as not to shock them. When I did that, both the body and polyps became a really light yellow after a few days. But it eventually colored back up to what you see in the pictures. I don't think it's finished coloring back up either.

Quite the trio you have there wayne!

Thanks Zack. Yeah, actually I wanted to collect all 3 yellow RR USA corals. I had the Yellow Mamba too, but unfortunately lost it when my stupid urchin knocked it over and I didn't realize it until it was too late.

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steezy, I take it that's the Grapes of Wrath?
Yeah under t5's. Mother colony died shortly after it was released. Wolverine as well. another acro called rr bumble bee released a long time ago looks very similar to the wolverine if not the same

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the RR Bumblebee is the exact same piece as the CC Passionfruit, which is also very similar to the Wolverine

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, he seems legit, has a lot of high end acros and I've seen pix of the frags and they look right. If they're exact replicas I'll be fine with it, I'm not buying them for the lineage to Reef Raft, I'm buying them because they're bade ace corals :)

He's sold to some reputable people and I'm waiting to hear back from someone that's visited him in person to see how his colonies look. Said he bought them in person at RR... I guess we'll see :xd:

the frags I'm getting are aquacultured..
Interested!

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wayne you had the yellow mamba!! Arggghhh ive been searching for that piece forever! If anyone has it let me know....
Steezy that is the best example of GOW ive seen. It is stunning.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wayne you had the yellow mamba!! Arggghhh ive been searching for that piece forever! If anyone has it let me know....
Steezy that is the best example of GOW ive seen. It is stunning.

Have you checked with Jared at Rocky Mountain Frags? He has or at least had the RR yellow mamba. I had it for a while but it got torched in some chemical warfare and the bit I saved never really recovered.

BTW, it sounds like so many of these ReefRaft "mother colonies" die!!!

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked with Jared at Rocky Mountain Frags? He has or at least had the RR yellow mamba. I had it for a while but it got torched in some chemical warfare and the bit I saved never really recovered.

BTW, it sounds like so many of these ReefRaft "mother colonies" die!!!
Thanks, but yea I have. I have bought from Jared quite a few times, and im pretty sure i asked him a while back and it was one of the pieces he ended up losing. Im sure a piece will turn up sonewhere though.
Im also after the pink floyd and saber tooth as well.i have wolverine but i would love to aquire the trio just as wayne has.:wink:

BIGSHOW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not so sure that the mother colonies are dead . I am also not 100% on the true lineage of some of these corals being offered (meaning are the frags from the actual original pieces from the photos posted by RR Canada?). Most of these RR corals originated from RR Canada and a lot of the colonies were sold off to buyers in Canada. The original RR Avengers is a prime examples of this. I know there were a few colonies of the pink floyd coral, but I had never seen more then one colony of the other pieces. Most of the colony photos posted originated from RR Canada and probably didn't make it to RR USA (well at least the entire piece, or maybe none at all?)...who knows. Do they look the same as the original photos by RR Canada?

I could be wrong, but this is just my observations from a person who has seen pretty much all of the 'original colonies' here in Canada.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Mamba but I almost lost it and its still on its way back. It's looking a lot better but still has a ways to go

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%

Back