Reef Raft Wolverine Acro

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fact that you see none of these coral frags coming from reefers who grow them in captivity says enough. It's all wild what's out there, well I guess most of it. I love to have my self a piece but when I ask for a mini colony or at least 2" they all freak out.

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I've been out all day at my kids' sporting events. I'll take and a recent picture by tomorrow the latest. Mine is still a nub and encrusting. It actually completely browned out when I moved it from my qt tank to my dt system, but has colored back up nicely.

I've also got the Diablo which browned out too when I moved it. It hasn't colored back up quite as quickly but is finally getting a pinkish hue again. It's encrusting and growing faster than the wolverine though. Interestingly enough there's a lime green ring at the outer border of the base too.

Pics if both by tomorrow, I promise.

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I've been out all day at my kids' sporting events. I'll take and a recent picture by tomorrow the latest. Mine is still a nub and encrusting. It actually completely browned out when I moved it from my qt tank to my dt system, but has colored back up nicely.

I've also got the Diablo which browned out too when I moved it. It hasn't colored back up quite as quickly but is finally getting a pinkish hue again. It's encrusting and growing faster than the wolverine though. Interestingly enough there's a lime green ring at the outer border of the base too.

Pics if both by tomorrow, I promise.

MadMax

MARINE AQUARIUM EXPO
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I guess im not the only one who discards the RTN skeletons in the woods.

Fast Forward 1,000 years:
Just picture some poor Archaeologist trying to convince his colleagues that Cleveland was actually under the sea at one time due to the thousands of fossilized coral skeletons he dug up, LOL!!!

Kdrof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picture some poor Archaeologist trying to convince his colleagues that Cleveland was actually under the sea at one time due to the thousands of fossilized coral skeletons he dug up, LOL!!!

LOL. Dude that's funny. :)

dknuckles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LOLOL
I have a coral graveyard as well...constantly reminder to check things!
Ocean front Detroit...new barrier reef found in fresh water region!

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ahahha and aliens put them on frag plugs..

dknuckles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does the same for me as it does for Jakem, if it gets to little light it will turn pink...as soon as you find the happy spot it blues back up. Problem is that it is difficult to find that sweet spot
Very fussy:clock:

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here are the progression picture of my RR Wolverine that I got directly from Tony. This is what it looked like when I first got it:

Wolverine-2_zps7ba14d3f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I put it directly into my QT tank which is running T5's. Tony originally had the colony under MH. This is after a about a month and a half when it settled in my QT tank and right before I transferred it over to my DT.

Wolverine-3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then I transferred it into my main DT which is running 3x400W Radium MH. It didn't like the move at all and it basically lost the yellow tips and browned out. It's been about 1.5 months and it's finally coloring back up again. I just took this picture today:

Wolverine 12 small-X3.jpg

The yellow tips are back and the base color is coming back too. It's hard for me to capture the true colors in my DT because of the lighting and I'm shooting through a pretty scratched acrylic tank, also I'm such a newbie photographer, but this is as close as I can get.

OP
OP
Ian

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really nice, Wayne!

I just put down payment for a nice Wolverine and a nice Avengers, I'm super pumped!! :xd:

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really nice, Wayne!

I just put down payment for a nice Wolverine and a nice Avengers, I'm super pumped!! :xd:

Nice Ian. Hopefully you're getting it from a reputable source. I know Tony lost the original colonies of both a long time ago. Also, there's another store up in Canada that is selling a very similar acro to the Wolverine but is different in a couple of ways. He's only selling his frags for like $60 though and for that price, I'm sure a lot of people can overlook the subtleties.

dknuckles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Ian. Hopefully you're getting it from a reputable source. I know Tony lost the original colonies of both a long time ago. Also, there's another store up in Canada that is selling a very similar acro to the Wolverine but is different in a couple of ways. He's only selling his frags for like $60 though and for that price, I'm sure a lot of people can overlook the subtleties.

Nice pics Wayne!
Couple colonies have came through the US and Canada via RR Asia (supplier of Tony's colony) most I've seen came in 1/2 bleached then die. As when I p/u my 1st surviving frag (not from Tony but another source of RR Asia's corals (private per request)..went white to pink (forever) then Blue. My 2nd frag from Hugo (from RR Tony) if not in 2 differant tanks I would not be able to distinguish the difference between them
They are a real pain in my Butt to keep the colors happy but never any PE issues..weird! May not like my LEDs ?!

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, well the only other source that I know of is from fragalot in Canada. I haven't seen their version in person, but from the pictures I've seen on RC, they look different than the RR ones. I know Hugo was trying to do a large buy from fragalot as he asked me to join in, but I didn't.

Nice pics Wayne!
Couple colonies have came through the US and Canada via RR Asia (supplier of Tony's colony) most I've seen came in 1/2 bleached then die. As when I p/u my 1st surviving frag (not from Tony but another source of RR Asia's corals (private per request)..went white to pink (forever) then Blue. My 2nd frag from Hugo (from RR Tony) if not in 2 differant tanks I would not be able to distinguish the difference between them
They are a real pain in my Butt to keep the colors happy but never any PE issues..weird! May not like my LEDs ?!

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wayne I believe there is a single red bug on the left most branch, right side of the branch, about 1/8 of the way down the coral. In the past red bugs have caused some color loss and reduction in PE for me. Quick interceptor dip should fix that.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 95 81.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back