Reef Raft Wolverine Acro

Ms. Mermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fact that you see none of these coral frags coming from reefers who grow them in captivity says enough. It's all wild what's out there, well I guess most of it. I love to have my self a piece but when I ask for a mini colony or at least 2" they all freak out.

So have you picked yours up yet? What does it look like?

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wayne I believe there is a single red bug on the left most branch, right side of the branch, about 1/8 of the way down the coral. In the past red bugs have caused some color loss and reduction in PE for me. Quick interceptor dip should fix that.

Oh, I think I see what you mean. I'll do a quick dip just in case.

ParkerB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that red bug as well, I hate those things... Made my upscales micro look like crap... CoralRx I've actually been successful with tbh. I've heard others haven't but I just 2x the strength and they fall off every time with the addition of some vigorous basting.

Sweet frag btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bayer is only going to help that frag though right? Doesn't make much sense to me in treating one coral and not the entire tank. If that frag has them surely there are others and they will just make their way back in a matter of time.

OP
OP
Ian

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Ian. Hopefully you're getting it from a reputable source. I know Tony lost the original colonies of both a long time ago. Also, there's another store up in Canada that is selling a very similar acro to the Wolverine but is different in a couple of ways. He's only selling his frags for like $60 though and for that price, I'm sure a lot of people can overlook the subtleties.

yeah, he seems legit, has a lot of high end acros and I've seen pix of the frags and they look right. If they're exact replicas I'll be fine with it, I'm not buying them for the lineage to Reef Raft, I'm buying them because they're bade ace corals :)

He's sold to some reputable people and I'm waiting to hear back from someone that's visited him in person to see how his colonies look. Said he bought them in person at RR... I guess we'll see :xd:

The fact that you see none of these coral frags coming from reefers who grow them in captivity says enough. It's all wild what's out there, well I guess most of it. I love to have my self a piece but when I ask for a mini colony or at least 2" they all freak out.

the frags I'm getting are aquacultured..

Last edited:

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bayer is only going to help that frag though right? Doesn't make much sense to me in treating one coral and not the entire tank. If that frag has them surely there are others and they will just make their way back in a matter of time.

That is very true. But I'm not sure if he has this in his DT or not. Interceptor obviously is the way to go for a full in tank treatment, but when it comes to dipping, which is what he said he was going to do, I prefer Bayer over CoralRx because it is so much more gentle on the coral itself.

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I just dipped it. I'm going to do a full interceptor treatment on my tank too. It's about time that I should.

Here is my Diablo when I first got it with my Wolverine:

Diablo-31_zps384167aa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is what it looked like right before I moved it from QT to my DT:

Diablo-7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And then as I mentioned before, it browned out shortly after I moved it to my DT. Here's what it looks like today. The red is finally coming back.

Red Diablo 1 small-X3.jpg

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is very true. But I'm not sure if he has this in his DT or not. Interceptor obviously is the way to go for a full in tank treatment, but when it comes to dipping, which is what he said he was going to do, I prefer Bayer over CoralRx because it is so much more gentle on the coral itself.

This is true but from his post the pics progressed from qt to the pic with the red bugs in his DT. I totally agree with you on the quality of the bayer treatment though.

Sorry to sidetrack the thread Ian:screwy:

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a few coral from a member on this thread who mentioned having RR Wolverine. The piece I got wasn't sold to me as RR Wolverine, but I was told it was RR Pink Floyd. It didn't have any color when I bought it, but it quickly colored up in my tank. I think it looks more like the Wolverine than Pink Floyd. What do you think, Wolverine, Pink Floyd or neither? Photos taken with flash on and make it look more green than it really is.

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's really hard to tell from your picture because the corallites in your picture are green. The RR USA Wolverine, Pink Floyd and Sabertooth all look similar and all have yellow corallites. I have all 3 corals and the main difference I see between the Pink Floyd and Wolverine is that the Pink Floyd has distinctly reddish/pink polyps. The PE on the Pink Floyd is much longer too. The Wolverine has a darker bluish tint on the body.

That's funny that you mentioned it didn't have any color when you bought it because I experienced the same thing when I first brought the PF home. The entire piece got very light, even the polyps. It took awhile to get used to my lighting, but it finally colored back up again. I've heard this same experience with a couple of tother people who have the PF too. It's been my experience that it doesn't like high lighting.

I purchased a few coral from a member on this thread who mentioned having RR Wolverine. The piece I got wasn't sold to me as RR Wolverine, but I was told it was RR Pink Floyd. It didn't have any color when I bought it, but it quickly colored up in my tank. I think it looks more like the Wolverine than Pink Floyd. What do you think, Wolverine, Pink Floyd or neither? Photos taken with flash on and make it look more green than it really is.

Last edited:

dknuckles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me looks Wolverine, even can see the redish polyps...never se PE in pics

Here is a happy pic
A7B640D6-554D-4906-9065-A0109A3D4CD7-1315-000000B7A4B1E2E6_zps50ddba77.jpg

after reading Waynel333 I have realized it needs a lot more light!!
750E05CC-A540-48E5-90F3-1D3B29322A2C-1315-000000B7A8A654D7_zps2a369b86.jpg

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if you ask me what the differences are:

1. The Pink Floyd is more of a canary yellow and the body is more pale to canary yellow. The PE is also the longest out of all 3. There is also a longer, lighter single polyp with the group.

2. The Sabertooth is a darker yellower with a hint of green tint. The polyps are also darker.

3. The Wolverine has a much more bluish-dark base with a true yellow corallite. Lastly, red bugs or no red bugs, I've hardly seen much of PE on the Wolverine both on mine or the original colony at RR USA.

Last edited:

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look pretty green to me, maybe if I really squint I see yellow. ;)

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow acros always look green until you put them next to some true green acros and you can see the difference.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back