Reef Roids with a splash of......

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mix 2-3 powdered coral foods in a squeeze bottle (reef roids, rods, coral frenzy, goni powder), mix with rodi water. I have 2 displays and one coral frag tank, so I pour some into a smaller squeeze bottle and squirt on each coral for each tank. I add some stuff to the fish food which is made up ahead of time so corals get more food that way. I also add selcon to the food once in a while as I add it to the fish food. Some corals get a turkey baster of what I feed the fish as well

leadsinker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mix my reef roids thick, with phyto and zeovit coral vitalizer. Made the mistake one night of leaving it on a couple frags for about 2 hours with the flow off. Woke up next morning and they were showing patches of complete skeleton with no flesh[/QU

Pure uncut, od for sure.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use FUEL to open them up nice and wide first.. maybe about 15mins ahead of target feeding time.

Then I would mix a pinch of my LRS frenzy in a frag cup, with tank water, sift the big stuff out and feed my NEM and other fish the bigger stuff...

I would then mix my reef roids and a couple drops of phytofeast into the leftover Tank Water/LRS broth in the frag cup...

I tried to get in between thick and viscous. For an analogy, Not Lobster Bisque, Not seafood soup broth, but more of a chowder... Thick enough to hang out in the general area I target feed, but not so thick it cant be dislodged by flow later on after feeding. This also allows for the water column to be replenished as well.

5 mins with flow off, Target feed with a plastic Seringe (non-needle). I trimmed the application tip back a bit to avoid clogs.
I leave it for about 20 mins, and then the flow comes back on as normal. I have an ACAN Frag that doubles its size after feeding, and my mushrooms go completely inverted/inside out like a NEM that pulls into its outer skin to eat.

Very successful mix for myself anyways.

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I broadcast feed reef roids with LRF, reef chili and selcon. No complaints so far :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mix my reef roids with R.O.E and add enough tank water until it’s a thick paste and target feed with a syringe. Sometimes I’ll add some acropower to it as well.

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every Sunday and Wednesday I feed Poly-Booster 1ML, 10ML of Red Sea A/B+, 7ML of Aquavitra Fuel, Seachem Plankton/Zooplankton(5ml each), broadcast feed Reef roids aswell about 4 scoops. Oh and at night I feed 15ML of live plankton.

Sometimes I target feed as well but I don't like putting my arm in the tank. If anyone has a better way to do it please post:)

ajm83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every Sunday and Wednesday I feed Poly-Booster 1ML, 10ML of Red Sea A/B+, 7ML of Aquavitra Fuel, Seachem Plankton/Zooplankton(5ml each), broadcast feed Reef roids aswell about 4 scoops. Oh and at night I feed 15ML of live plankton.

Sometimes I target feed as well but I don't like putting my arm in the tank. If anyone has a better way to do it please post:)
Get yourself a long pipette and a syringe, like this
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/162258166124

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious to know what some of you mix with your Reef Roids? I don't know why I like to mix something with it but I do and some seem to work better than others. I found out mixing with polylab Polyp booster is taboo but it had a great consistency to feed. I've mixed with live foods from Reef Nutrition, Reef Fuel, Live Algae feeds, all seem to make the corals happy but I still can't get the consistency I liked when mixing with polyp booster. Please share your experiences and mixes with RR :)

Great thread, I mix RR, with raw egg. Eggs have amino acids, protein, bacteria for corals. Only thing is the corals I feed. One of the most difficult to try raising. Dendronephthya and Scleronephthya. Love it.

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feed RR, Reef Chili and selcon in various combinations and amounts. Sometimes more RR sometimes more Chili sometimes no selcon. Sometimes in the morning. But i consistently feed all new corals every night till they start to encrust. I keep a close eye on my PO4 as RR and Selcon can really raise that quickly. Have not had a problem with the Chili. Not sure where i get the best results. Since I mix it up so much but everything seems happy so I am happy

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back