Reef Safe & Invert Safe Pest Eating Wrasse

Paul Kachirsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I am looking for direction on the best wrasse for eating pests but wont bother my inverts and corals (to come)

I know lots of reef safe with caution. I had the Red Coris and Melanurus in my tank and when I added hermits for algae etc they went after them.

Suggestions?

OP
OP
Paul Kachirsky

Paul Kachirsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I am looking for direction on the best wrasse for eating pests but wont bother my inverts and corals (to come)

I know lots of reef safe with caution. I had the Red Coris and Melanurus in my tank and when I added hermits for algae etc they went after them.

Suggestions?

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well red coris is a coris so those are definitely not invert safe. pink streaked wrasse is a good one, then smaller halichoeres. melanarus seems to be a bit rough on inverts. i have h. chrysus and h. biocellatus and haven't had to replenish the old CUC, although somebody got a bit rambunctious awhile back and decided to have shrimp cocktail with my cleaner shrimp :oops: weird because i have a small peppermint and they've left him alone along with my fire shrimp

i've never seen them go after upright snails/hermits, but if one falls over it better hop to real quick

Megability

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a six-line wrasse for years and he ate any flatworms, also all my rock’s brittle stars and bristleworms too, maybe other stuff, but never messed with corals or inverts that I could tell, they’re cool fish...

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back