Reef Safe Submersible Magnets?

nothing_fancy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I am looking for a recommendation on reef safe submersible magnets. I currently have half a dozen mag rack pros and Id like to wall mount a few of them, unfortunately the included bracket is not submersible from what I understand, Id also be sticking it in front of a few sump chambers so the design of the included magnet doesn't work for me without modification. Im looking for an answer from someone who has used a submersible magnet long term ( lets say a year) without seeing rusting or leaching or anything out of the ordinary coming up on an ATI test. Thank you !

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I am looking for a recommendation on reef safe submersible magnets. I currently have half a dozen mag rack pros and Id like to wall mount a few of them, unfortunately the included bracket is not submersible from what I understand, Id also be sticking it in front of a few sump chambers so the design of the included magnet doesn't work for me without modification. Im looking for an answer from someone who has used a submersible magnet long term ( lets say a year) without seeing rusting or leaching or anything out of the ordinary coming up on an ATI test. Thank you !
So I purchased a Nero 5 about a year ago. I ended up putting the magnet which should have gone on the outside of the tank in a ziplock bag and attached them to my overflow. With the exposed magnet inside the overflow. But it was protected by the ziplock bag as the water flowed over and around it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back