Reef safe super glue?

Mindblock769

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What super glue is safe for gluing Caribsea Life Rock?

I picked up 40lbs for my new Reefer 250 but didnt grab any glue/epoxy. Is there any superglue I can get at Home Depot / Lowes? Not looking to do anything crazy, just want to make sure rocks dont shift overtime.

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super Glue Gel is what I've used personally for FW Tanks and I've seen people use it as well for glueing frags. If it has Cyanoacrylate, it's most likely Aquarium Safe in general. The good thing is they sell it most times in Dollar Stores in packs of 2 so you don't have to spend a ton

OP
OP
M

Mindblock769

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never use super glue to bond rocks. Use a mortar like emarco.
BRS has multiple videos using superglue for aquascaping. They do use emarco as well, but my case isnt to make a ledge or anything but rather hold rocks in the current (and stable) position. In fact i really dont need it but just wanted extra assurance

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do decide that you want to try and use some kind of epoxy as well, which I suspect used with the superglue would do a much better job, then JB Waterweld is safe to use. It can be bought at walmart or any home improvement store.

vanw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used "Reef Welder Plastic Epoxy Glue" to bond my rocks. Was easy to work with and held very tight. I can't seem to find it any more though. If you know where to get some, please let me know.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used "Reef Welder Plastic Epoxy Glue" to bond my rocks. Was easy to work with and held very tight. I can't seem to find it any more though. If you know where to get some, please let me know.
I had never heard of it but from reading how it works it looks like BRS has something that is essentially the same just a different brand.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back