Reef Safe????

mfraembs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently starting the build out of a large system. I have an in-floor concrete pit for water to drain into from my display and then pumped up to my sump tank with my filter equipment.

I am needing to line this concrete pit with some sort of water proofing membrane and would love to use this product if it is reef safe once fully cured. Any idea how I would figure out if this product is safe to use? I am open to other suggestions if people have them. Link below of the product in question.

Zip Liquid System

Huber ZIP System Liquid-Flash | 20 Ounce Sausage | Waterproof and Airtight Liquid-Applied Flashing Membrane

00F8B3B6-752B-4A86-BF45-73668ED512E8.png

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently starting the build out of a large system. I have an in-floor concrete pit for water to drain into from my display and then pumped up to my sump tank with my filter equipment.

I am needing to line this concrete pit with some sort of water proofing membrane and would love to use this product if it is reef safe once fully cured. Any idea how I would figure out if this product is safe to use? I am open to other suggestions if people have them. Link below of the product in question.

Zip Liquid System

Huber ZIP System Liquid-Flash | 20 Ounce Sausage | Waterproof and Airtight Liquid-Applied Flashing Membrane

00F8B3B6-752B-4A86-BF45-73668ED512E8.png

No idea if that product is safe but theres a product I use for koi ponds called pond shield that is non toxic it works well with salt water and being completely non toxic it wont leach anything. That stuff is crazy tough even if a pond freezes completely it holds up all winter outside in canada.

OP
OP
mfraembs

mfraembs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea if that product is safe but theres a product I use for koi ponds called pond shield that is non toxic it works well with salt water and being completely non toxic it wont leach anything. That stuff is crazy tough even if a pond freezes completely it holds up all winter outside in canada.
Thanks for the info!!! I just placed an order for pond shield. The is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks a bunch.

Back