Reef Slump: What is the cure for you?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,884
Reaction score
122,533
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nothing like getting something new for you tank to get you out of a reef slump! What does it for you?
 
New LEDs in my case...how did I ever get by without that glow that Royal Blue actinics give??? LOL
Now I can't wait for my next order to arrive so I can convert one of my freshwater planted tanks to all LED. Loving all my new soldering and electronic toys I added to my arsenal as well.
 
Getting past the bad thing that got me in that slump. I'm coming out of a slump now that I'm coming out of my hyposalinity.
 
Fragging stuff, knowing that others will get to enjoy them and there are less corals being taken from the ocean.
 
Pretty much anything new for the tank ie. corals, fish, shrimp
 
After battling nitrates and phosphates, loosing just about every coral, and finally got my LEDs fixed (been 5 months)- you better bet I'm excited to get a new coral.
 
Spending lots of money on Equipment, Lights, or Corals usually peps me up :)
 
little earlei make me happy :)

PICT0086.jpg
 
Couple new chalice frags did it for me... been a while since I've seen any coral I liked enough to spend some decent coin on.
 
I usually sell my tank at a huge loss and buy another one. Yup, that does it for me.
 
For me overcoming the slump was realizing where I had been lieing to myself that things were good in the tank... now its upgrading to better equipment to fix what i was doing wrong.. then it will be stocking the tank again..LOL
 
Upgrading and down grading tanks every 4 months haha... Never had a tank up over a year to actually grow or mature..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new