Reef Spotlight - April -2011 - "2Sunny"

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice pics i knew i had seen this tank before than i remembered on manhattan reefs great shots love the tank i had voted this tank tank of the month over there congrats on the win here sorry about the previous post accidentally pressed enter :squigglemouth:

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank, though I am surprised to see a Nem right in the middle of your SPS. Does he not sting them?

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that was quick and much deserved.

Congrats.

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I want to say thanks to Paul, Rev, Marvin, and all the great folks here at R2R! I'm a big believer in Karma and R2R is definitely winning the "karma" award for reefing websites as far as I am concerned. I absolutely love the way Paul organized my quotes as I couldn't have created an image of my own sentiments in such a short setting if I had tried. I think it absolutely captures the essence of me and my system in a few short sentences . . . thanks Paul!

As to the anemone, it's an Heteractis Magnifica (sometimes called a Ritteri) and I've had it since the spring of '02 and it has split a total of 5 times now. If you search around a little I've written about it a great deal on my personal website and here on R2R as well. I don't advocate buying these guys as they have such a poor survival rate, but I do admit being totally addicted to the beauty of my own anemone, and I would be wholly "crushed" should I lose my specimen. Anyways, it's late and I just got back from Moscow so I'll call it a night, but let me say "thank-you" and "thank-you again" to all the kind words and generous folks here on R2R!

Joe

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Joe! I have to swing by now that I am done traveling up north.

Hi Keith,

Nothing I'd like more than to talk to a local reefer about all my recent trials and tribulations . . . hope to hear from you soon!

But . . . what's a spotlight without some great photos so here's a bunch from my other posts:

BigG.jpg

Bartletta.jpg

watermelon.jpg

Sponge.jpg

Equipment5.jpg

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the extra photos...i could go through pages of pics of your tank!! That sump is an incredible setup BTW!

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very inspiring setup. you put some sweat and tears into this and it shows. love the school of green chromises. i think we all could learn something from such a great tank.
greg

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank. Are those zoas flowing off of the rock on the left? It looks so smooth I thought it was a monti.

How do you find an even balance for light between the SPS and rics? My rics turn white a few weeks after I introduce them while my SPS do great. I am assuming I have to much light on them.

nickjr000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow awesome looking tank. I like the cube look more n more. 25 damsels !

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A truly inspiring setup. What is the bright green lps in the center, a goniporia?

esteadma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome. I like the idea of setting up a cube. It seems like you have a ton of options for layout and whatnot. really impressive

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back