Reef Spotlight - July 2010 - "Aquabacs"

Absolutely beautiful, truly one of a kind. Do you have anymore full tank/ equipment pics? Would love to see more.
 
Thanks all!

Absolutely beautiful, truly one of a kind. Do you have anymore full tank/ equipment pics? Would love to see more.

I will work on that for you, I need to take some updated sump and plumbing shots. The set up is very basic. This week I am looking at sending my Profilux II out to be upgraded to Profilux 3. With the upcoming Vortech controls coming out by GHL, this feature will only be able to be used by the P3, so it is time to upgrade :) The features in P3 alone are worth the upgrade. I am also waiting for a float switch for my skimmer cup. What I am planning to do is add the switch to the cup so it will automatically shut the skimmer down and notify me when it is activated. With the heavy feedings I do daily the skimmer cup can sometimes overfill, the non-photosynthetic corals dont mind it but it can stress the crinoids. I would have like to add GHL's optical sensor to the cup but in the particular application it would not work well in this environment. The optical sensor is great for setiing up your (AWC) Automatic Water Change system or (ATO) Automatic Top Off.


Mike
 
pretty intense setup.....a lot of time and thought went into that one! really like it...great job!
 
Amazing tank! Really just beautiful.
 
Where did u get the idea of the refrigeration unit from?
"The refrigerated auto feeding system was taken from a design used by Steve Weast. The systems concept is to deliver refrigerated Reef Nutrition liquid foods to the aquarium consistantly throughout the day without the issue of foods spoiling."
 
Thanks Austin for chiming in and continued thanks to all for the kind words.








Mike
 
Thanks Austin for chiming in and continued thanks to all for the kind words.








Mike
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new