Reef Spotlight - June 2010 - "Brad Syphus"

Congratulations on a beautiful reef system, Brad. Equally desereved is a blue ribbon for your photo skills. Have you considered writing an article regarding reef tank photography?
 
Fantastic Brad!! Awesome to watch the tank grow up over the past few years! If you get some time to get away from work in Frisco, take the drive down I35 and give me a visit in Austin since we couldn't get together in SLC. Incredible tank bud!
 
Looks awesome well done and thanx for sharing Gratz
 
Fantastic Brad!! Awesome to watch the tank grow up over the past few years! If you get some time to get away from work in Frisco, take the drive down I35 and give me a visit in Austin since we couldn't get together in SLC. Incredible tank bud!

Thank you Matt, You already know that you had a lot to do with it. Your coral and your Jocs are a big important part of my tank.
I may have to take you up on your offer if I can get out of here. I dont know how you can live in this heat and humidity. LOL If I get the chance, it will be sunday.
 
Congratulations on a beautiful reef system, Brad. Equally desereved is a blue ribbon for your photo skills. Have you considered writing an article regarding reef tank photography?

Thank you, I can't take all the credit. A friend of mine spent an afternoon over at my house and shot alot of the pics for me. Once I was asked to be ROTM I had to get some quality pictures. LOL
 
Here are a few more pictures from a year or so ago.

Ping and Pong.:bigsmile:

030-4.jpg


10-16-09003.jpg


My possum wrasse that you rarely get to see.

July29th2009035.jpg


These ricordia's were started from my other tank, but now my hammer coral colny is getting so big, they are getting pushed away.

018.jpg


Just about 2 yrs ago.

IMG_4509.jpg


This was my 65 gallon reef, before I had a major manjano outbreak and basiclally destroyed all of my coral colonies.

IMG_3884.jpg


More pics later.
 
For Fathers day my daughters had a plaque made for me. I love gifts that are made from the heart and not from the store. This one is special in 2 ways.

Read the quote they wrote on it and it hits home perfectly.

004.jpg
 
This is kind of late, but I wanted to post a short video I took a little while ago.
[video=youtube;Vu4JLSikq38]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu4JLSikq38[/video]
 
Last edited:
Wow that means a lot to me that they would make a plaque that had R2R on it! :D That was just plain sweet of them! You'll no doubt be a ROTM again here at R2R!
 
For Fathers day my daughters had a plaque made for me. I love gifts that are made from the heart and not from the store. This one is special in 2 ways.

Read the quote they wrote on it and it hits home perfectly.

004.jpg


Thats awesome Brad 1smile1
 
That video is great brad, nut that plaque is really something special!!!
 
Yep, that plaque is something I will cherish for years to come. You receive gifts from the store all the time, and usually forget where they came from. But a gift like this is cherished forever.
Its sitting on my fireplace mantle upstairs in my living room now. Its permanent home.:bigsmile:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new