Reef Spotlight - March 2012 - "Mike & Terry"

MarineSniper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Congratulations on the win and thank you very much for the additional info; specs, diagrams and pictures! I'm moving up to a 290/300 this year and your post is a virtual blueprint for me. I am about to plumb into the basement for the 2 tanks I have now and while it may be overkill on these 2 tanks, I will definitely mirror your plumbing design to make the switch easier. Will probably just use a reducer for the current pvc size my tanks have now, into the 2" you're using.

On another note: George, the man behind Geo, is a neighbor of mine and I have one of his Kalk reactors that he made before founding Geo (along with Many other items) and it's amazing how similar the 2 are, even as old as mine is. He always seems to get everything he does right the first time!

Again, congrats on the beautiful tank. It is something that inspires us all to work harder, reminds us to keep trying when things get rough and is one that brings new people into the hobby; in the hope of having one like it one day!

Reefer4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magnificently Beautiful! Out of all the GORGEOUS reef tanks I have seen through many many years this one is most certainly the most MAGNIFICENT ever!!!!!!

Congratulations on being selected for the Spot Light... But I also want to congratulate R2R for having reefers of your quality on this site!!!!!!

I will certainly be hanging out on R2R more often after this!!!:bigsmile:

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Nice! Awesome Job! Congrats!

so very beautiful

What can i see but an amazing looking tank.Good job.

congrats M&T, it's a beautiful set up....love it.

Congratulations on winning.... no wonder you did!

beautiful tank

Impressive!!!!!

Thank you all! We are truly flattered by all your comments! 1smile1

Wow! Congratulations on the win and thank you very much for the additional info; specs, diagrams and pictures! I'm moving up to a 290/300 this year and your post is a virtual blueprint for me. I am about to plumb into the basement for the 2 tanks I have now and while it may be overkill on these 2 tanks, I will definitely mirror your plumbing design to make the switch easier. Will probably just use a reducer for the current pvc size my tanks have now, into the 2" you're using.

On another note: George, the man behind Geo, is a neighbor of mine and I have one of his Kalk reactors that he made before founding Geo (along with Many other items) and it's amazing how similar the 2 are, even as old as mine is. He always seems to get everything he does right the first time!

Again, congrats on the beautiful tank. It is something that inspires us all to work harder, reminds us to keep trying when things get rough and is one that brings new people into the hobby; in the hope of having one like it one day!

Thank you. We'll be glad to help you with your planning and build, just let us know. Having GEO George as a neighbor would be awesome. We're very impressed with his products - very well made and functional. I would be helping him with "R&D" :tongue:

Magnificently Beautiful! Out of all the GORGEOUS reef tanks I have seen through many many years this one is most certainly the most MAGNIFICENT ever!!!!!!

Congratulations on being selected for the Spot Light... But I also want to congratulate R2R for having reefers of your quality on this site!!!!!!

I will certainly be hanging out on R2R more often after this!!!:bigsmile:

WOW, thank you for the compliment. There are many fantastic systems here on R2R and we are thrilled to have been spotlighted...great to have you here!

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much Pierre! :bigsmile:

Molli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an achievement! Terrible you had to go through the horror of a tank splitting open, I used to have nightmares about that. So wonderful that you both share the hobby, what a great experience that must be!

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, what a tank.

Thank you!

What an achievement! Terrible you had to go through the horror of a tank splitting open, I used to have nightmares about that. So wonderful that you both share the hobby, what a great experience that must be!

Thank you and welcome to R2R! Our 2010 disaster was probably the most difficult experience we've ever dealt with and we are glad to have that behind us. We enjoy each others company and have always done most things as a "Team", so I guess it is only natural that we would both share the same passion and love for this hobby. :bigsmile:

AquamanSE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike & Terry.......Such an amazing tank! A system like this is truly a lifestyle! Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike & Terry.......Such an amazing tank! A system like this is truly a lifestyle! Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

Thank you AquamanSE!

clowndude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking over your information, I didn't see what all you are dosing daily/weekly/monthly on the tank. Can you please let us know your dosing schedule and what you dose?

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly clowndude. It is a very short list.

Daily: Strontium
Weekly (after water change): Iodine
Monthly: Stability, Special Blend bacterial additives

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Mike and Terry !!!!!You guys have an amazing tank for sure, love going through your thread and looking at the pics!!!!

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Henry! Glad you enjoyed the pics. :bigsmile:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back