Reef Spotlight - March 2013 - "GuyWalker1219"

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Rocky, Im a big fan of your tank, really beautiful.

GuyWalker1219

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Rocky, very nice...I haven't seen this one in person but I saw the 300 gallon you had, was also a very nice setup.
Hey George Thanks and good to hear from you man How are things going up north?

Congrats!! Very nice!!

Wow!! Very nice tank. And congrats on TOTM!
Thanks Guys

Congrats bro.... The progressive shots are amazing.....
Thanks the animated gif was my way of trying to make less pics to upload.

ScStyle27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrats rocky! I too have seen this tank and it is amazing. it resembles what I call a true mixed reef. rocky does everything that people say cant be done or shouldn't be done and he does it successfully.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well-deserved recognition for a wonderful setup. Good going and thanks for sharing with us here at R2R!!!

DecanoLA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous tank! Congratulations!!!

its amazing that it never had a water change!!! I wonder how many tanks out there do the same...

GuyWalker1219

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrats rocky! I too have seen this tank and it is amazing. it resembles what I call a true mixed reef. rocky does everything that people say cant be done or shouldn't be done and he does it successfully.
Thanks Shane. Like I've said a hundred times there's a million ways to something and nobody is doing it wrong if its working. IMO most of the rules of reefkeeping had been created for new comers who really do not understand the science behind the system and once you understand it you can manipulate or alter your system to suit your reefing personality.
Congrats Rocky, Im a big fan of your tank, really beautiful.

Congrats - Love seeing a mixed reef loaded with SPS. You have great colors and everything is happy. A true masterpiece you should be proud of yourself!

Amazing spotlight!!

Well-deserved recognition for a wonderful setup. Good going and thanks for sharing with us here at R2R!!!

Gorgeous tank! Congratulations!!!

its amazing that it never had a water change!!! I wonder how many tanks out there do the same...
Thanks a lot guys I'm very happy to be here on ReefReef and thank everyone for allowing me to show off my tank a little. This community truly is a great bunch of guys and gals.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great tank and very well deserving! Thank you for sharing!

George209

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey George Thanks and good to hear from you man How are things going up north?

Thanks Guys

Thanks the animated gif was my way of trying to make less pics to upload.

Things are going well so far...I setup a 220, corals are starting to grow...maybe one day they'll be as big as yours.

GuyWalker1219

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are going well so far...I setup a 220, corals are starting to grow...maybe one day they'll be as big as yours.
It'll happen a lot faster than you think believe me. I wish I had room for more there's still a lot of SPS pieces I'd love to have but can't fit.

George209

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll happen a lot faster than you think believe me. I wish I had room for more there's still a lot of SPS pieces I'd love to have but can't fit.

I really hope so, how long has it taken you...I want to have an idea...that's one of the major problems with this hobby, there's a lot of nice SPS out there and not having enough room once the frags grow into colonies.

GuyWalker1219

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hope so, how long has it taken you...I want to have an idea...that's one of the major problems with this hobby, there's a lot of nice SPS out there and not having enough room once the frags grow into colonies.
Honestly George some of these pieces grew into colony's from frags over a six month period others were colony's already. On this tank I get crazy growth O cross my fingers it continues. You'll have to come check it out some time.

George209

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly George some of these pieces grew into colony's from frags over a six month period others were colony's already. On this tank I get crazy growth O cross my fingers it continues. You'll have to come check it out some time.

Wow! Six months, for sure you are doing it right...Thanks for the invite, would love to see it in person.

GuyWalker1219

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Six months, for sure you are doing it right...Thanks for the invite, would love to see it in person.
Give me a call next time your around Fresno and we'll make it happen

The Progression on this tank has been really fun to watch.
The Chad Meister is in the house.LOL

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 25.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 65 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back