Reef system dry erase board - game changer!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I recently took the time to set up a reef dry erase board, and I’m super excited, so much easier to track things and maintain patterns in reef keeping, anyone have any other suggestions on what to put here?

0ABD3741-4E0A-4765-B7CF-F359A30854BE.jpeg
I got a roll of dry erase peel and stick. Turned most of a wall into my tank journal.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that either MS Excel or Google Sheets is the way to go for collecting data. I don't think the dry erase board methodology will alert you to trends. Trends, especially in water testing data, can be of great use when tweaking doser volume. (That said, I do use MS Notebook for tracking system changes and for upcoming maintenance alerts.)
I went 360 on that…it became a chore typing in the data but I agree especially in Neptune Apex, I still do it there but for my simpler LPS and frag tanks a months trend is plenty

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have a dry erase board at home yet but I am sure i will in the future. I use lots of them at work. You can goto the parts store and get a roll of pin striping to make the boxes on the board. I also use a number of laminated pages and dry erase boards.

NickosReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put one up when I set my system up. Once the system got pretty established I stopped really using it. Lol I just looked at it and there’s a note from my buddies son from over a year ago.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back