Reef tank frustration

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blitz06
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
First off, YOU CAN DO THIS. we have all been there.
Breathe.
read until you cant anymore! Lol.
let the tank mature.
idk if ur aio has filter socks or a cup with floss to filter out junk. To each his own. I ditched socks and just use filter floss. Cheaper and easier but to each his own. Either works.
Just read. I wont tell you how bad my first 6 months was. But you will make it. Good luck.
https://www.reefaquarium.com/2012/keeping-anemones/https://myfirstfishtank.com/how-to-build-a-700-saltwater-aquarium/https://myfirstfishtank.com/https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
Thank you so much i think my biggest issue has been starting over whenever i deal with these problems in the past i always downsize.
 
Thank you so much i think my biggest issue has been starting over whenever i deal with these problems in the past i always downsize.
I would stick with what you have and slowly work thru it. Once you get your parameters stable, schedules set, water changes if you desire or need, etc, then for example you could save up for a higher grade light or whatever else u want. Again this is just an example. It's your tank, not ours. Only tackle one thing at a time. Remember the best statement that's always on here is true---> nothing good in a reef tank happens fast. If u get stability tho... the rest is easy peezy.
 
No matter how "experienced" we are, so much goes on in a reef tank that just can't be quantified or explained, if you will. I believe that "real" live rock is the foundation of a stable system and I would add more.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new