Reef tank lighting

Landon Wurst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to start a reef tank in a 10 gallon tank with the dimensions of 12x12x19.5. I want to do some zoas and green star polyps... and potentially a war coral. Based on these requirements I'm not too sure what lighting to go with. My budget was hopefully less than $100 but, if need be, I can do around $100. Also I have a hygger mini wave maker if that helps.

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could look at the AquaMaxx Prism II? With those corals in mind, you won’t need too much par and that light has great coverage for your tank and a really nice mix of LED colors and controllability. Sometimes they are on sale for around $100. Or you could hunt around for a used one.

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look on the marketplace here. Try to get used

drunkn_reefr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, name brand lights are quite expensive. You may want to look for something used, like a AI Prime. I’ve bought several of them used for around $100 and haven’t had any problems. Also, Amazon has a light made by Smatfarm that would work (IMO). Do some research on it before you make a purchase. I know there’s some YouTube reviews on the Smatfarm. Nicrew is another black box light that’s out there on Amazon but I don’t know much about that one.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back