Reef Tank progress

Reefer87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I tried this a long long time ago in my twenties and well I FAILED....lol miserably. I spent a crap ton of money on fish that all got ich and or bullied each other. My water levels were crap and I didn't do any research. I thought I could fill it up and toss em in. Yea....i was wrong! Now I am 33 and much more advanced and smarter and did a crap ton of research before hand. I started slow and added the correct bacteria (ATM colony and bio spira) in order to cycle my tank and help things along.4 months later I have 6 fish and 10 snails and my levels are near perfect(ph is a smidge low. 8.0) I had a huge mishap with my canister filter, I decided to clean it.....and popped the tube before taking the intake tube out of the tank and well you can guess what happened...WATER all over my floor. ( i dunno maybe 5 gallons) really dumb mistake which I wont make again! Then it wouldn't work right and had to get a new filter. But all is back to normal soo Now its time to add corals! I have coraline algae finally spreading all over the tank. I already had one bloom of brown algae which my fish and snails have cleaned up beautifully. Slow and steady wins the race! My little buddies are happy and healthy and ready for some coral to complete my tank. So far (and Im done adding fish btw) I have 2 green chromis, a pair of Black Ice Clowns, 1 lawnmower blenny, Ruby finned fairy wrasse and 10 snails. My coral list will include.....duncans, zoas, gsp(maybe), mushrooms, colt, hammer, war coral and maybe a clove. Enjoy the pictures! I will update as I add corals and let you know how everyone is doing.

24A75090-D44F-4C2C-B65C-CE1D84158977.JPG IMG_2934.jpg IMG_3418.jpg IMG_3416.jpg IMG_3408.jpg 1C48F3F7-7675-453A-B504-5C65C187EF59.JPG 4FD5608E-A7C6-4313-AE53-6D6E141231D6.JPG

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 12.5%
Back