Reef tank sand increased tds

vishal1107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I have a a tank and I aquascaped my aqiuaforest af rocks plus water with salt mix.

Next step is to add sand and I am really worked about it as I have old sand kept in sac for about 5-6 months and I washed it 4-5 times with tap water after that I washed it 2 times with rodi

I tested my rodi, it's giving me 0tds
But still when I add more rodi in my sand bucket. And measure it's tds, it's around 200tds and it is just not decreasing. Now I believe that I can wash it with rodi 2-3 more times but I am sure I will see atleast 90tds there..

Will it bother my tank if I use that sand which will show me 90-100 tds in bucket?

I just am not able to get it 0

tamanning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I've never measured for total dissolved solids. What type of sand is it? I'm guessing it from a tank you had set up at some point. The best I could tell you is set it up and watch your cycle. Good luck.

OP
OP
vishal1107

vishal1107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I've never measured for total dissolved solids. What type of sand is it? I'm guessing it from a tank you had set up at some point. The best I could tell you is set it up and watch your cycle. Good luck.
So I should just ignore it and go ahead right... I was trying to get tds low so that I don't face algae problems after starting my tank.. I did washed them well from my end so guess you are right.. thanks

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back