Reef wave 45 red sea vs jebao

kris2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Debating between a red sea reef wave 45 pump versus one of those jebao CP-100-150 series that's available on eBay Amazon... For half the cost.

My tank is in the basement so noise is never an issue for me if it is noisy...apart from noise is there anything big that I'll loose with the jebao? both have wave function multiple functions? Right?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

Blue Meg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Debating between a red sea reef wave 45 pump versus one of those jebao CP-100-150 series that's available on eBay Amazon... For half the cost.

My tank is in the basement so noise is never an issue for me if it is noisy...apart from noise is there anything big that I'll loose with the jebao? both have wave function multiple functions? Right?
I talked with customer support at brs about a new gyre after my maxpect finally died. I’m not going to talk about what I don’t know. My maxpect was brittle and a pain to clean. This meant there were more than one broken piece every two cleanings. It wasn’t fun. The instructions were complete crap and the controller was hard to read. I’ve been told by bulk reef supply that the ice cap aren’t much better. One guy told me to do the red sea gyre which is what he has on one of his tank. He liked it due to good programming and apparently ease of cleaning. That may be a purchase soon.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, six months ago I would've said Red Sea. But I had one controller fail on my ReefWave45 within the first month (it was actually leaking saltwater through the connection) and the second controller failed last week six months on. Pumps are awesome; controllers... not so much.

To their credit Red Sea has replaced both under warranty, but it still bums me out. The Maxspect XF330 I run as backup gyres have been running for over a year without any issues.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Jebao returns and wave makers on two set ups without issues.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back