Reefa palooza

Codemasterflex1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s my first time going to reefa palooza. I was wondering if any one had any tips on what to bring with them. I was thinking about bringing a small cooler to put anything in that I might buy but I’m not sure. Any help would be appreciate. Thank you

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I normally don’t bring anything because who feels like carrying a small cooler around for hours
Most vendors provide little shopping bags but you can bring one just in case

if you want a cooler for your car you can but unless you plan on stopping after the show. A cooler isn’t needed. It’s not like it’s 30 degrees in building

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you dip your frags that you purchase before you introduce them to your tank.

I purchased 3 frags while at the Orlando show, I was told pick up the coral dip and I went cheap.

I brought it home and one of the three frags did STN and then RTN hit one of my colonies.

Had to do Dr. Tim's Eco-balance to get all in order.

JMTCents

KellyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Money. Bring lots and lots of money. Best place and time to buy corals for a deal...most vendors are willing to work with you on price. Cooler is a great idea but I would keep it in the car for transport back home. I just went to the one here in Florida and it was amazing!

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, we went on last day where they start to want to pack all up! That is when you get the best deals as they want to get home and are exhausted from tending corals non-stop.

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you dip your frags that you purchase before you introduce them to your tank.

I purchased 3 frags while at the Orlando show, I was told pick up the coral dip and I went cheap.

I brought it home and one of the three frags did STN and then RTN hit one of my colonies.

Had to do Dr. Tim's Eco-balance to get all in order.

JMTCents
I don’t think you caught stn and Rtn for another coral. And it certainly isnt preventable by coral dip

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back