20210516_172353.jpg

We were so glad they won and congrats!

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am sorry...I didn't see this sooner. I did not take any photos. I was surprised the vendors that were not at the event - BRS, Red Sea, Waterbox, CoralVue, Reef Octopus, Salifert, EcoTech, and so many more. There were no fish sales to speak of. I bought a few corals. Alot of the vendors did not have items priced so you had to keep asking. I had one give me a price, when I went back the price went UP. I didn't reminded him, I simply walked away. WWC was one that did not have their items priced.
The overall event was smaller than I was hoping. I did find some local coral breeders - one in Bradenton and one in Gulfport.
Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I assume many of these vendors need to commit months in advance and with the state of COVID, predicting a reliable crowd turnout was dicey at best (not to mention potential delay of the event date again). I was happy to see how many people did attend though and show that there’s a demand for these events already. Hopefully we’ll get a full turnout for Aquashella and the next RAP!

OP
OP
Staghorn

Staghorn

Original Reef Gangster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to be buzz kill. But I actually was surprised by the fact that at least 50% of the people were not wearing masks. I wore mine and pretty much kept to myself. There were signs everywhere but both vendors and visitors alike went maskless. If it makes you feel better I don’t wear gloves when I’m fragging corals!

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hate to be buzz kill. But I actually was surprised by the fact that at least 50% of the people were not wearing masks. I wore mine and pretty much kept to myself. There were signs everywhere but both vendors and visitors alike went maskless. If it makes you feel better I don’t wear gloves when I’m fragging corals!
Yes, a lot of massless folks because of the lifted restrictions announcement by the CDC for those vaccinated. I didn’t feel there was any judging of folks though.

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, a lot of massless folks because of the lifted restrictions announcement by the CDC for those vaccinated. I didn’t feel there was any judging of folks though.

I agree, it also seemed like there was plenty of space to keep social distancing. As a vaccinated individual it didn't feel risky at all do to being able to keep some distance from others.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back