Reefbot won't connect

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a used reefbot and I was having trouble connecting to the wifi...but now I'm no longer blinking blue and the devise says connected but when I go to test it says not connected???? Has any one experienced this? I'm getting some support from reefkinetics but they are super slow at responding.
Screenshot_20200711-151241_ReefKinetics - Cloud Controller.jpg
Screenshot_20200711-114512_ReefKinetics - Cloud Controller.jpg

GrandmaRaff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a used reefbot and I was having trouble connecting to the wifi...but now I'm no longer blinking blue and the devise says connected but when I go to test it says not connected???? Has any one experienced this? I'm getting some support from reefkinetics but they are super slow at responding.
Screenshot_20200711-151241_ReefKinetics - Cloud Controller.jpg
Screenshot_20200711-114512_ReefKinetics - Cloud Controller.jpg
Are you on Comcast/Xfinity? If so your device is hooked up and connected to 2.4 but your computer is connected to 5.0 which is why it is saying its connected. I have the same problem with my wifi cameras and my wifi printer. I had to separate the two systems via the Comcast website and give them different user names and passwords. Here is a picture of the bubble corals. The one on the right was the first one. The clown fish is a Solomon Island clown that is about 2" long and the tang is nearly 4" long.

20200712_132222.jpg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be the same issue the guy in the "Reef Automation Channel" video was talking about.
He said that the unit can only do tests when their servers are running and they are often down for maintenance during peak North American hours. The company is in Lebanon which has an 8 hour time difference to the east coast. So when they are doing upgrades between 8am - 5pm their time it's 4pm to 1am on the east coast. He also said that the same time difference makes getting tech support a nightmare.

OP
OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you on Comcast/Xfinity? If so your device is hooked up and connected to 2.4 but your computer is connected to 5.0 which is why it is saying its connected. I have the same problem with my wifi cameras and my wifi printer. I had to separate the two systems via the Comcast website and give them different user names and passwords. Here is a picture of the bubble corals. The one on the right was the first one. The clown fish is a Solomon Island clown that is about 2" long and the tang is nearly 4" long.

20200712_132222.jpg
Beautiful bubbles they look great!
So I have a nighthawk wifi and it has an app that shows what is connected. My phone and the reefbot were on the same and both 2.4. And I was directly ethernet connected also. Still nothing. Driving me. Crazy.

OP
OP
Vinman

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be the same issue the guy in the "Reef Automation Channel" video was talking about.
He said that the unit can only do tests when their servers are running and they are often down for maintenance during peak North American hours. The company is in Lebanon which has an 8 hour time difference to the east coast. So when they are doing upgrades between 8am - 5pm their time it's 4pm to 1am on the east coast. He also said that the same time difference makes getting tech support a nightmare.
Yes getting some support but like you said half a day away our day their night. They did say they wanted me to directly ethernet connect and leave ot connected till he emails me back. I'm waiting.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back