ReefBreeders LumanBar 60"?

Mono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of adding a two ReefBreeders LumanBar 60" (1 Royal Ice, 1 High Octane) to my six bulb ATI fixture.

Has anyone had experience with LumanBars build quality? PAR?

Kan9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following---just set up my 8 bulb 60" ATI and waiting for my 2 60" lumenBars to arrive...should be tomorrow. 215 gallon DT

OP
OP
M

Mono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm really interested in hearing your experience. Thinking about upgrading my lighting and the LumenBar seem one way to go.

Kan9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm really interested in hearing your experience. Thinking about upgrading my lighting and the LumenBar seem one way to go.
Ill let you know...as soon as the Lumenbars arrive and I can set them up!

Grill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. Im in the process of setting up a 210, curious what the verdict is on the LumenBar.

Kan9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received mine about 4 days ago (2 lumenbars on a 60" ATI with 8 bulbs-215 gallon DT). I went to home depot and purchased some screws and nuts to attach bracket to ATI (didnt come with mounting instructions...not terribly intuitive since your supposed to remove a screw from another location on the ATI and use that to secure each bracket to the ATI). Figured it out.

I dont have much to compare the lumenbars with. They are very blue, more blue than my blue T5s. Im just setting up the tank so no coral or anything to compare before and after. I can post a pic later if you'd like.

OP
OP
M

Mono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are your initial impressions?

Kan9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, they're blue. I dont have much of a reference point to base an opinion on. Heres a couple pics...The camera didnt pick up the blue light on the bars but they are definitely on.
IMG_1280.jpg
IMG_1281.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the pics. I do like the fact that you can angle them in a little where you need them. Any thoughts on build quality?

Kan9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the pics. I do like the fact that you can angle them in a little where you need them. Any thoughts on build quality?
Build quality was good. Plan on opening the hole on the ATI a little and buying your own wing bolt, washers, and nut-1 for each end of the Lumenbar. They said they sent everything I needed but it felt hokey to remove a screw from the ATI and use it elsewhere. Only other consideration is they ship in thin plastic tubes...easily damaged in transit. My Lumenbars were undamaged from shipping despite a hole in the tube it came in. Id buy again without hesitation.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back