ReefBreeders Photon V2 Pro vs Orphek Atlantik iCon

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ocean revives, rb offers little they dont. rb are nice lights, so are my or

I just added 2 rb uv bars, its the same exact cheap chinese housings, brackets, leds and electronics

the only thing difference was the price was stupid with rb. dont try to bs us on quality. there is no difference. I own both.

OR as a company has gone under. You may still find new old stock from some retailers but good luck getting ahold of them. Unless something changed recently

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded to LEDs after using different fluorescent bulbs (VHO, T5) for the last 25 years. After watching BRS LED lighting showdown I chose ReefBreeder's Photon 24 V-2+ for my DT, a 30" x 18" x 24". It was the most reasonably priced unit with a good warrantee and reputable company. It does best hung a little higher which is good for me to work in the tank and a bit more spread for my 30" tank. My reef is a mixed reef and if I am mindful to place the Coral to accommodate it's preferences, this light can work nicely. I had a question about an issue that came up about the light and ReefBreeder got back to me within 2 hours and helped me resolve it. I appreciate that sort of support. No, it's not the best LED out there but it's a good light for the price.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded to pro on the Reefbreeders. Much easier to program /adjust the program. And moon lights now! It follows the moon phases and I can make them do 25% on the moon brightness.
They are becoming a contender to higher prices lights, imo.
Ignore the Dirty Glass and the air bubbles floating around. I just fed the tank turn my main pump on.

16471116182308795109378306633015.jpg 16471116675447059149643185872122.jpg 1647111693684810100250946294565.jpg

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded to LEDs after using different fluorescent bulbs (VHO, T5) for the last 25 years. After watching BRS LED lighting showdown I chose ReefBreeder's Photon 24 V-2+ for my DT, a 30" x 18" x 24". It was the most reasonably priced unit with a good warrantee and reputable company. It does best hung a little higher which is good for me to work in the tank and a bit more spread for my 30" tank. My reef is a mixed reef and if I am mindful to place the Coral to accommodate it's preferences, this light can work nicely. I had a question about an issue that came up about the light and ReefBreeder got back to me within 2 hours and helped me resolve it. I appreciate that sort of support. No, it's not the best LED out there but it's a good light for the price.

My thoughts exactly. I had an issue getting my two panels to sync to one remote and Logan walked me through it within an hour of sending the email. They’ve been problem free since. My fans basically never need to turn on because mounted at 14” high and using two, one front one back lengthwise, I don’t have to turn any channel up past 50% to get sps par so they stay cool. No, they don’t have 15 shades of blue and violet in 5 nm increments, but honestly they do fine and I am happy with my colors. And I have complete blanket coverage of 48”x24” with zero deficiencies or hot spots for under $1000 so I can’t complain.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OR as a company has gone under. You may still find new old stock from some retailers but good luck getting ahold of them. Unless something changed recently
Yes and no, viaparspectra is really the same company, the electronics drivers and leds are the same, so one can still get replacement parts if needed. The digital display got a little funky and for 10 bucks each I replaced all 3 after 5+ years of use. Vipar is a great company who will lend a helping hand

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had both brands. The v2 are great lights for the money, but imo the icon is the best led out there and in another league. Trade off being orphek are more money, but there is a difference and a large one. Particularly if one likes a whiter tank the pc amber in the icons give great color rendition to fish and non fluorescent corals plus a broader spectrum all around including IR and more violet/uv.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back