Reefbreeders Photon V2+ questions

Casingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased one of these, it was supposed to be the pro so I was expecting it to be controlled by an app but it came in as the V2+ (ebay) with no remote. When I turn the light on, it flashes all the colors individually and then goes to what I assume is the factory default setting. Does anyone know if it’s okay to put on my aquarium like this, does anyone know the default setting intensity? Also, recommendations on how to proceed to get a remote or a conversion kit to control the light.
Also, I was expecting it to have cables for mounting but it doesn’t. How should I go about mounting it? This is all very new to me so hopefully that’s not a dumb question. Thanks!

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need the remote to make it work or you can get the wifi chip from Reefbreaders so you can use the App.
I have a Reefbreaders ,and if you can get the wifi chip and install, it is easy to do and makes programing the fixture a whole lot easier.
Reefbreaders have always ben very responsive to emails and even have answered question on the weekends.

jimk60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reeffbreeders is also located in the venders forum on this site. Might want to post there as they have been very responsive to my questions.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you bought something that was advertised fraudulently , return itz

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back