Reefbrite XHO intensity and acclimation

jimmypencil

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2021
Messages
544
Reaction score
244
Location
south carolina
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone,

I currently have a Radion XR30 G6 running the "ReefDudes AB+" schedule at 31% intensity. This has worked great for a couple years. I have recently seen some shadowing on corals though and i decided to add the XHO reefbrite add on kit.

I am unsure how much i can raise the par while avoiding corals having adverse reactions. For example - The yellow acro frag in the top middle of the photo (to the left of black and white clown fish) is getting 230 par without the xho. When i added the xho and set them to 30% intensity - The par went up to 260-270. Thats about where i want it but if i make that change will corals bleach?

Its been years since ive messed with my lighting and i want to avoid upsetting corals while still being able to use the xhos.

IMG_5191.JPG
IMG_5190.JPG
 
Why not just start the xho at 10% and increase 10% every 2 to 3 weeks?

Nice tank by the way.
Thank you! Yeah i figured i would have to slowly acclimate - but i was wondering if there was a limit to immediate par increase where it didnt tick off corals.
 
Based on the variety of corals you have I would say they are all different in how they would react.

I just do 5 to 10% increases on my tank every couple of weeks until I get to where I want to be….but I get what you are saying.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new