Reefbrite XHO mounting with internal overflow

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 48x18” 75 gallon and want to add some ReefBrite LED strips but am having a bit of an issue due to the internal overflow in my tank, which is about 11” long. The issue is that I’d like to add 2 of the 48” bars that install directly to my lights which are Hydra 64HD’s qty 2, but if I do that then there will be lighting going over the overflow cover with how far it sticks out. That said, I’m considering trying to mount some 15” bars for either side of the overflow and a 48” bar in front. Is there a good DIY light mounting I can use? Very very rough sketch of what I mean…

image.jpg

OP
OP
BAMatter

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about just buying two of the dual 15" kits and an extra 48" light? I have a similar layout on my tank, so that's what I'd do.
I was thinking about that actually… could get a way with a single kit since it comes with 2 15” bars in the 64HD kit, and then add a 48”. I just don’t know how I would mount them all, since I don’t believe it would line up and I’d have to DIY something.

OP
OP
BAMatter

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you'd need 2 kits (or at least a second set of mounting bars) to ensure everything is aligned and properly supported.
Mounting brackets yea, but won’t need a full 2nd kit, or I’ll end up with 2 lights I won’t be using.

Back