Not open for further replies.

catturio19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefers,

It was recently brought to my attention that reefbuilders new management team let Evan Montgomery go.

As a huge reefbuilders fan who has been following along Jakes journey for the past 10 or so years this is really disappointing to me. Evan’s content was top notch whether he was behind the camera and editing videos for Jake or taking the lead in some of the videos. From everything I saw he was truly Jakes protege(he even sounds like him). Jake and Evan would cut through a lot of the hype that’s out there and would show it’s possible to run reefs pretty simply with minimal gear and filtration. They would also show that you don’t need the latest ultra coral that costs thousands of dollars to build a beautiful tank.

I am truly disheartened by managements decision to get rid of Evan as he was set to carry on Jakes legacy and keep the reefbuilders studio something special.

this is not a knock against any of the new content creators they have hired. They all seem to be doing a fantastic job. I just can’t help but feel upset that someone that embodies what made reefbuilders successful and unique would be let go especially since he just lost Jake who from all accounts was Evan’s best friend.

I am not sure if there’s anything we can do as a community others will have better ideas than me. I’m also not sure others feel the same way I do on the subject, but would love to hear from others on the subject.

Stoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's disgusting if true. The man singlehandedly kept the lights on during the whole transition. Seemed like he could handle just about everything too, why get rid of him?

OP
OP
C

catturio19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's disgusting if true. The man singlehandedly kept the lights on during the whole transition. Seemed like he could handle just about everything too, why get rid of him?
He posted on the latest reefbuilders video and replied to a comment about if he was let go or his choice. He said it wasn’t his choice. I would love to see him back on the team but I don’t know if bridges were burnt.

reefbuilders should at least acknowledge it rather than having community members reaching out to them and asking about it.

Stoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Read the comments, man that's messed up. He was the one thing that made it still feel like reefbuilders. I subbed to his channel, hope he starts making content.

I imagine they wanted to avoid talking about it. Looks pretty bad on their part. Kept talking about Jake's legacy in that thread, but got rid of the guy he trusted to handle almost every aspect of the operation. What in the world were they thinking.

Thanks for posting this btw, probably wouldn't have found out otherwise. I just assumed he was behind the camera again.

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that’s some bull. That dude was RB after Jake. Reef Builders in name only now I guess

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read the comments, man that's messed up. He was the one thing that made it still feel like reefbuilders. I subbed to his channel, hope he starts making content.

I imagine they wanted to avoid talking about it. Looks pretty bad on their part. Kept talking about Jake's legacy in that thread, but got rid of the guy he trusted to handle almost every aspect of the operation. What in the world were they thinking.

Thanks for posting this btw, probably wouldn't have found out otherwise. I just assumed he was behind the camera again.
What’s his channel so other people can sub?

OP
OP
C

catturio19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it’s done. I just think they needed to evolve which is great they should to bring in a new audience and expand. The issue is getting rid of Evan who embodied and help build and maintain the studio is a real bummer. I love Jake and Evan’s reef keep style and if it wasn’t for them my system would be way over complicated and probably not successful. Reefbuilders is really what got me into the hobby I just hate to see it move on from such a valuable contributor.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry everyone but this thread falls into the same category as what is outlined in our TOS. I know you are frustrated and I sympathize with you but R2R isn't meant to be a place to vent about other media companies within the industry. I'll ask you to please use other platforms for your discussion on this matter.

"Participants agree not to bash or talk negatively about any other community forums or bulletin boards"

"Our aim is for R2R to be a friendly and welcoming culture for all. Using R2R as a vehicle to air grievances, feed a mob mentality or to cause general negative discourse is prohibited. R2R reserves the right to remove any thread, post, review, feedback, image etc. that might be considered a libelous statement against another member or company"

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back