Reefcast Group Buy-New Apogee Quantum Meters-40% Off!

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys,
This is posted on the ARC website. If you ever wanted to get a Quantum (PAR) Meter, this is the time. 40% off new Apogee Quantum Meters. Get a new QMSS-SUN with remote probe for $150.

I ordered one for myself. Here is the link:

http://www.reefcast.com/purchase_instructions.php

Only caveat, the Reefcast guys recommend you buy the QMSS-ELEC, but the QMSS-SUN is the one most people use. See this article comparing the two Apogee models to the industry standard Li-Cor unit. The QMSS-SUN is closer to the Li-Cor unit in accuracy.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/7/review/view

Dave

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do they allow the sun version to be bought at the discounted price?

Also, do you think ill have a problem getting them to switch to the sun having my order already been placed for the elec?

OP
OP
Acroholic

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do they allow the sun version to be bought at the discounted price?

Also, do you think ill have a problem getting them to switch to the sun having my order already been placed for the elec?

Hey Junior,
Any of their quantum meters are 40% off. Just call Jessica Muir at 435-792-4700. She is coordinating the sale. Have your order number and ask her to change it to the QMSS-SUN. No big deal.

We have about 5-10 orders coming from the Atlanta Reef Club so far.
Dave

Emc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm. I already ordered mine too. I spoke to Jessica and they had over 100 orders since this was posted. Kudos to Marc for setting this up.

Emc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not rec'd mine yet but they got a whole lot of orders at once. My understanding is that they build each one as ordered so I'm not suprised.

OP
OP
Acroholic

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a UPS shipping notice. Mine is supposed to be deivered on 12/3.
Dave

OP
OP
Acroholic

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my PAR Meter in today. I ordered the sunlight calibration model and they sent me the electric calibration model.

BTW, the electric calibration models are red, not yellow like the sunlight models.
Dave

OP
OP
Acroholic

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least you know it is coming. I was not early on the order list by any means. But here is a teaser of what you are getting:

Apogee.JPG

I also just called Apogee Tech Support and asked about the electric vs sunlight calib. models and the Dana Riddle Study, and they told me that when the Dana Riddle article was written, the sensor end did not have a light diffuser plate on them as they have now, and that the addition of the light diffusor plate to the sensor corrected the issue, and that now the electric calibration model has the lowest correction factor for electric light sources, actually 0% for metal halide lights per the Owner's Manual.

So I guess I am glad they screwed up my order.
Dave

Last edited:

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, and when yours comes in, you have to take a road trip to my house with the meter. Maybe if I locate my acans to match the light you have, I will stop cooking them!

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmmm, i was just wondering about this myself
still havent heard a word but its good to hear other people getting theirs

OP
OP
Acroholic

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the screwdriver is just a freebie. Wrong type for taking the back off. Besides, they come with a battery installed and are ready to go out of the box.

Back