Reefer 170 Plumbing/Wave Maker Help

Leisuretron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a better alternative to the green tube Red Sea gives you to hook up to a return pump? I've watched videos and others in here about plumbing the sump in different ways. I like the included PVC but am not a fan of the tubing. I am going to be using the Syncra SDC with an Apex for some redundancy I guess. If there is a better option for the return and OEM plastic on top I'd love to know! I also bought the ReefWave 25 as well and am wondering if it is too much on this smaller aquarium. Thoughts on any of it would be much appreciated!

IMG_4629.jpg IMG_4630.jpg IMG_4631.jpg IMG_4632.jpg

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you looking to do different the. The tubing. I think the gyre is fine. You can’t control it and turn it way down if needed. I have 2 in a 75 gallon tank and only run them at 30%

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Leisuretron

Leisuretron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you looking to do different the. The tubing. I think the gyre is fine. You can’t control it and turn it way down if needed. I have 2 in a 75 gallon tank and only run them at 30%
Yeah, on the tubing. I like PVC but not sure if that is a bad option or if there is just something better with compression clips.

Upvote 0

Geebs19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, on the tubing. I like PVC but not sure if that is a bad option or if there is just something better with compression clips.
I just think a lot of the manufacturers are now sending that type of tubing. Same thing in my Prostar, I replaced it with pvc.

Upvote 0

Geebs19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tips with sizing and what I could read? Links would be neat! Total noob.
I’m not familiar with Red Sea sizing. You may have to replace the bulkhead that’s in the tank now and then you can use whatever pvc the bulkhead that works uses.

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back