Reefer 200 sump

bandos507

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!!

not sure how much water should be in the sump?? Should water flow Into the sump baffle and then into the return pump area?? My water is all one level right now. I’ll show in pic attached. Can someone guide me?? Thank you!!

1D1AFAB3-296D-4490-9A10-693AF03CA432.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Skimmer chamber » black sponge baffle » return chamber. I usually like to have the water in my return chamber about 1-1.5" lower than the previous chamber (creating a bit of a waterfall onto the black sponge). You may have to adjust your float valve up slightly to achieve this (it will just starting topping up less RO water).

OP
OP
B

bandos507

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you adjust that float valve? You lift it?

should it be above the water line ?

OP
OP
B

bandos507

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Skimmer chamber » black sponge baffle » return chamber. I usually like to have the water in my return chamber about 1-1.5" lower than the previous chamber (creating a bit of a waterfall onto the black sponge). You may have to adjust your float valve up slightly to achieve this (it will just starting topping up less RO water).
I raised the water level originally bc i had micro bubbles and I thought it was from the water trickling down from the baffle into the return chamber. They seem to be less with all the water raised… but it looks like that’s wrong also . Will have to make some adjustments

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back