Reefer 250 Build

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I am home from being out of country on work. It is very unfortunate that I have to inform everyone that back in June while I was away, my 6 and 4 year old dumped a container full a small fish pellets into the Reefer while my wife had briefly ran upstairs to switch over laundry. After performing many immediate maintenance actions, all fish and coral were lost. It was a complete NUKE. If we had not already purchased and started cycling the peninsula we probably would have taken some time from the hobby. It was a very devastating blow. So the Reefer has been shut down and sold. All existing equipment had been moved over to the Waterbox 7226 build and is almost complete. I will continue to post on that build and progress of coral and livestock as they are added.
@jblasi sorry to hear about your total nuke. I really enjoyed this thread and will miss it. I will be following your Waterbox build thread. Thanks for posting the link above.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I am home from being out of country on work. It is very unfortunate that I have to inform everyone that back in June while I was away, my 6 and 4 year old dumped a container full a small fish pellets into the Reefer while my wife had briefly ran upstairs to switch over laundry. After performing many immediate maintenance actions, all fish and coral were lost. It was a complete NUKE. If we had not already purchased and started cycling the peninsula we probably would have taken some time from the hobby. It was a very devastating blow. So the Reefer has been shut down and sold. All existing equipment had been moved over to the Waterbox 7226 build and is almost complete. I will continue to post on that build and progress of coral and livestock as they are added.

Oh wow...so sorry to hear this. But good the new tank.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 67 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back