OP
ItalCanadaReefer

ItalCanadaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
So the tank has been running for almost two months now and I currently still only have two small clowns and a firefish, who is extremely aggressive (surprisingly) and is currently in the sump. Since I never really went over my equipment, here goes:

- Radion XR30 G3,
- Eshopps S-120 4th Gen. protein skimmer,
- Sicce Syncra 3.0 return pump,
- AI Nero 5 wavemaker,
- Sicce Voyager 2 powerhead,
- Red Sea stock ATO, and
- RLSS carbon/GFO reactor.

Once ready to dose, I will be using the Fauna Marin Balling Light Set. I am using Fauna Marin salt mix, bacto blend, bacto balls, and I also have amino acids and coral foods from Fauna Marin.

As you can see in the picture, my bottom cabinet is a bit of a mess compared to the super neat setups many of you more experienced guys out there have. I will be looking at a way to tidy it all up in the future.

I still feel slightly overwhelmed, but I am taking it very slowly and only trying to go onto the next steps once I feel adequately informed.

9D26DC2C-7DAB-49A6-AB2E-D7B6CD127E9F.jpeg

Last edited:

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
So the tank has been running for almost two months now and I currently still only have two small clowns and a firefish, who is extremely aggressive (surprisingly) and is currently in the sump. Since I never really went over my equipment, here goes:

- Radion XR30 G3,
- Eshopps S-120 4th Gen. protein skimmer,
- Sicce Syncra 3.0 return pump,
- AI Nero 5 wavemaker,
- Sicce Voyager 2 powerhead,
- Red Sea stock ATO,
- RLSS carbon/GFO reactor.

Once ready to dose, I will be using the Fauna Marin Balling Light Set. I am using FM salt mix, bacto blend, bacto balls, and I also have amino acids and coral foods from FM

As you can see in the picture, my bottom cabinet is a bit of a mess compared to the super neat setups many of you more experienced guys out there have. I will be looking at a way to tidy it all up in the future.

I still feel slightly overwhelmed, but I am taking it very slowly and only trying to go onto the next steps once I feel adequately informed.
@ItalCanadaReefer how is the stock ATO working? I tried running mine and after a week I chucked it and bought a Tunze osmolator. It worked fairly well but I want more connectivity with my Apex so I bought the Apex ATK. I’ll see how that works once I get my current build up and running. I’ve read complaints about the ATK but many other people say the issues are from setting it up improperly and these issues are easy to get around.

OP
OP
ItalCanadaReefer

ItalCanadaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ItalCanadaReefer how is the stock ATO working? I tried running mine and after a week I chucked it and bought a Tunze osmolator. It worked fairly well but I want more connectivity with my Apex so I bought the Apex ATK. I’ll see how that works once I get my current build up and running. I’ve read complaints about the ATK but many other people say the issues are from setting it up improperly and these issues are easy to get around.
The stock will for sure need an upgrade. The reservoir is small and the float valve already had to be replaced! I have been thinking of the Tunze osmolator. Interested to see how that ATK works for you.

OP
OP
ItalCanadaReefer

ItalCanadaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started adding corals slowly. Added a super cool blue clown goby I saw at my LFS (the pic does not do it justice at all). I have never seen this colour variant before—super nice.

Attachments

• 7D2EC862-4F01-4639-A7C8-5E508899FB94.jpeg
    7D2EC862-4F01-4639-A7C8-5E508899FB94.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 58
  • F1E15A3C-53AC-4084-9DAB-F77AC666DB9E.jpeg
    F1E15A3C-53AC-4084-9DAB-F77AC666DB9E.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 55
  • A32F1DA6-157D-4359-BD36-C84C118841FD.jpeg
    A32F1DA6-157D-4359-BD36-C84C118841FD.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 61
Back