Reefer 350 stocking list help

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 72 gallon + 20 gallon sump Red Sea reefer with sapphire 26 sump.

I’m thinking the following fish and would love any feedback and/or ideas on order to add:

Clownfish (occ) x 1
Royal gramma x1
Tail spot blenny x1
Helfrenchi fire fish x1
Blue eye cardinal fish x 3
Whitetail tang x1
Pink streaked wrasse x 1
Flasher wrasse x1 (maybe 2 instead of pink streaked)
Neon goby x 1
Biota Rain Ford/court jester goby x1

Open to ideas for additions fish.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an XL300 with similar stocking. Wrasses are super hardy and hunt all day for pest food. I would just look at the overall color spectrum and see if it fits your needs also. A bright yellow coris wrasse is great to offset the fairy and Romboid wrasse in my tank. I really want a bright blue fish to but damsels worry me.

OP
OP
Reefer Dan

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an XL300 with similar stocking. Wrasses are super hardy and hunt all day for pest food. I would just look at the overall color spectrum and see if it fits your needs also. A bright yellow coris wrasse is great to offset the fairy and Romboid wrasse in my tank. I really want a bright blue fish to but damsels worry me.
Thanks! I forgot about the yellow Coris wrasse. I originally wanted a mystery wrasse, but I’ve read they are real jerks once they grow up. I was also really thinking about the chromis but seems odds are high they pick each other off, so decided against that and went with the blue eye cardinal instead.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I forgot about the yellow Coris wrasse. I originally wanted a mystery wrasse, but I’ve read they are real jerks once they grow up. I was also really thinking about the chromis but seems odds are high they pick each other off, so decided against that and went with the blue eye cardinal instead.
I have a pintail fairy wrasse, yellow coris and romboid wrasse that get along fine together. I am in the process of adding a melanarus but somewhat concerned about my inverts. I have a large cleaner shrimp, fire shrimp and banded shrimp along with a clean up drew. I think you have a good plan. Focus on appearance and size for your tank but also functional so they do some work in there for you to.

JohnA26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I develop a stock list for my new (Used) 72 gallon, quick question. In my nano reef, where everything is moving to the 72, I have a large clown. He has been in it for over 4 years. Is it possible in the 72 to add another clown with it?

Additionally, it was recommended that as I cycle the tank, adding a fish will be important for the good bacteria and such and that clowns are hardy and a good choice to add. So I was thinking about starting with a new small clown, along with the big "old" clown.

But isn't this my opportunity to add more docile (less aggressive) fish before the "dominant" clowns?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The common practice seems to be to add the more aggressive fish last but other variables factor in also such as tank size and rock scape.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back