Reefer 350 sump replacement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SaltyArms

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Reefer 350 G1 with a v3 sump. I’ve modified it to fit my Reefmat 500 but I’m not thrilled about how much of the sump is going unused due to the old filter sock area being too narrow. I’d also like the option to run a refugium again if I want.

Is it possible to buy a G2 sump from somewhere?

Are there other replacement options available anywhere outside of going completely custom from Glasscages or somewhere similar? I know Crystal Reef is now defunct…

legalizedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine has the same sump with his ReefMat 500 and he's made pretty good utilization of it from what I saw. Maybe drop him a line? @legalizedreefer
Unfortunately, I don’t have a fix for that specific problem.

I installed a small Sicce pump in the “dead” space to keep that area from being stagnant, and I put my pump feeding my UV in there as well. It’s actually a great way to utilize that space for me.

I have found though, that the Reefmat has made life so much easier to the degree that I don’t even care that there is wasted space in my sump as a result of it. I still managed to get a Nyos reactor in there (thanks again, @blaxsun ) and a bubble magus curve 7 skimmer

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back