• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reefer 450 tank only

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to see if there would be any interest in my old tank.
It had developed a small leak in the back bottom. Lost maybe a quart of water in a day. I would think it would be an easy repair. Tank has the heavy glass (5/8 if memory serves) with some scratches visible close to water line. I used an algae scrubber trying to clean water line. This is a heavy duty tank. And I emphasize heavy, weighing close over 200 pounds.
I live in central part of South Carolina and am willing to drive a reasonable distance to help find tank a good home.
I don't know where price point should be. I will post $250 as a starting point but will consider any reasonable offer and best offer according to interest. Trades will also be considered.
Just thought I would try here first before I expanded to any that might convert to a terrarium in local market.

OP
OP
smokin'reefer

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took some pics last night for some local people and a couple guys out of town. Thought I would post so everyone can see a little bit more.
4a0391c062de41e73f8f85080f295ec8.jpg
10f03453993910bb59b76006b36c8615.jpg
227315ec6fc8e132af11e120ee3b0a2b.jpg

Although the pinhole kind of like the most obvious Culprit, I hate to say that is exactly it without knowing for sure. You can see the water stain right next to that pinhole. That is the area of the leak, but some of the other caulking on the bottom isn't as aesthetically pleasing. My son's friend will be over this weekend and he deals with glass I'm going to ask him about the scratches and also with some extra Manpower try and turn and have water and testing that is needed. Thank you and I'm sorry I didn't have time to check out the tank better before I put it up for sale. It has been sitting on the back deck and I just hate to see a good tank go to waste

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back