Reefer 525 G2+ Stock List Advice

bp908

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All - I have a new Reefer 525 cycling right now and was hoping for some critiques on my planned stocking list. I’m new to the hobby with some freshwater experience only. My ultimate goal is a mixed reef.

Currently in quarantine:
2 Ocellaris Clowns
Yellow watchman goby
One Spot Foxface
Royal Gramma
Various cuc and pistol shrimp

Future planned additions (no particular order here)
White tailed Bristletooth Tang
Yellow Tang
Melanurus Wrasse
Labout’s Fairy Wrasse
Diamond Goby
Red Hawkfish
Starry Blenny
Coral Beauty (maybe)
Green Mandarin (maybe)
71366758917__52AAA093-94D4-497E-8003-55AA30EB7CEE.jpeg

OP
OP
B

bp908

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait about 3 months for the mandarin (after seeding the tank with some copepods).
Thanks, I am planning to take it slow. Also have some Copepods culturing to build up a healthy population before adding to the DT.

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive yet to have a Coral Beauty (or any pygmy angelfish for that matter) that didnt start eating coral within a week or two. Only other thing to be careful of is adding your tangs. Keep those until the end, or youll likely have aggression issues the next time you add another fish to the setup. I have a hippo, sailfin and a kole tang, and even fish that arent tangs get some chasing and the like - even if they dont have similar body types or sizes. I added in a smaller butterfly fish and it was bullied even after a few days in the acclimation box in the tank. Same goes for a trio of cardnial fish. Every tang is different, mind you, but just something to keep in your back pocket.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive yet to have a Coral Beauty (or any pygmy angelfish for that matter) that didnt start eating coral within a week or two. Only other thing to be careful of is adding your tangs. Keep those until the end, or youll likely have aggression issues the next time you add another fish to the setup. I have a hippo, sailfin and a kole tang, and even fish that arent tangs get some chasing and the like - even if they dont have similar body types or sizes. I added in a smaller butterfly fish and it was bullied even after a few days in the acclimation box in the tank. Same goes for a trio of cardnial fish. Every tang is different, mind you, but just something to keep in your back pocket.
It seems there's at least a 50-50 chance that one dwarf angel will develop a taste for a particular type of coral. Acans and blastos seem to be some of the tastier favorites.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back