Reefer 750 xxl Sump Manifolds?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Diesel48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone with the reefer 750 stock sump built a manifold into the return line? I have been looking for examples but coming up a bit short. I see them with custom sumps or remote sumps but nothing with the stock sump. My tank is coming and it is the first time with a sump. I would love to have a manifold with a couple of ports for a reactor and one for an extra.

Whip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone with the reefer 750 stock sump built a manifold into the return line? I have been looking for examples but coming up a bit short. I see them with custom sumps or remote sumps but nothing with the stock sump. My tank is coming and it is the first time with a sump. I would love to have a manifold with a couple of ports for a reactor and one for an extra.

Not sure if you saw it in my build thread, but here is a manifold piped into the return line on a stock XXL 750 sump.

upload_2019-3-4_21-18-46.jpeg

Whip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I saw it. Looks great by the way! Going to do something similar but keep the manifold lower.

Thanks!

Just a suggestion... try to keep your manifold as high as possible. When you add up valves, reducing bushings, unions, hose barbs, and/or flow meters, you start losing elevation quickly.

OP
OP
Diesel48

Diesel48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I will mount them straight down, or straight out over the sump. If going down then yes, I will need the height like what you did.

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interested in somethng simliar as far as the plumbing did you use any of the red sea plumbing

Whip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you but the tee's to go down to 1/2 for the manifold or is that 1 inch to 3/4
Old old thread and I am not sure what you are asking, but the piping is 1”. I am using two slots in my header. They are 1”.

“IF” I need to open up more slots on the header, I can bush it down to whatever I want.

Here is an updated photo (and yes; I changed my piping from red to orange).

474905B5-E0C7-4A3D-82E8-A889C921E133.jpeg

Cj field

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question is from the tees on the manifold which are 1 inch what parts did you use to come out of them, reducers to make them accept smaller pipe like 1/2

Whip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question is from the tees on the manifold which are 1 inch what parts did you use to come out of them, reducers to make them accept smaller pipe like 1/2
If needed you can reduce the 1” pipe to 1/2” using a reducing bushing. Most reactors run 1/2”. It would be wise to reduce it AFTER the union. If done that way, you can purchase another half of the union and convert it back to 1” if you want.

Whip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a better photo without the blue from my tank. Right now, I have the spare slots in my header plugged. All you would do is replace the plug with a reducing bushing.

DC49946A-D6DF-48EA-9044-9A7E72F07B84.jpeg

Cj field

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok and last question how did you convert the metric from the bulkhead i see you have unions there are they metric like 32mm to 1 inch or? Sorry im from Canada and trying to build my first tank its a 525xl never done piping before and I like the looks of yours but I have the v3 sump so its different any help you can give I appreciate its not up and running yet still purchasing equipment for it, also not sure how to set the sump up as of now all I want is the 2 aquamaxx reactors and a uv to run on the manifold, also any info on media for the sump or if I'm missing something let me know

Whip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok and last question how did you convert the metric from the bulkhead i see you have unions there are they metric like 32mm to 1 inch or? Sorry im from Canada and trying to build my first tank its a 525xl never done piping before and I like the looks of yours but I have the v3 sump so its different any help you can give I appreciate its not up and running yet still purchasing equipment for it, also not sure how to set the sump up as of now all I want is the 2 aquamaxx reactors and a uv to run on the manifold, also any info on media for the sump or if I'm missing something let me know
Check out Page 3 of my build thread. I have a step-by-step guide on how I converted it. I did it one way, but there are several ways to do it.

I was planning on doing AquaMaxx reactors too, but my tank just doesn’t need them. Anyway, when I was planning on doing it, I was going to bush it down to 1/2” at the 1” union (using a 1” X 1/2 reducing bushing), then I would install a 1/2” flow meter, then hard pipe down to the reactor. Easy.

Back