Reefer 750XXL Plumbing Upgrade

BanditMan15

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Messages
222
Reaction score
48
Location
Moore
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey guys just got my 750 and wanting to take my time to make things right.
First thing I want to do is change plumbing to fit my needs and get rid of that diaphragm catastrophe. I am wanting to put together a manifold along with everything so that I may run extra goodies. My question is has anybody done this and would it be better to run 1 inch through all three pipes or 1inch for the downspout and 3/4 for return? Thoughts?

20231210_184154.jpg 20231210_184145.jpg 20231210_184137.jpg
 
That is kind of what I was thinking as well however the pipes going through the actual tank is 3/4 or 25mm return, emergency and down spout 1in or 32mm. So would it matter if I did all 1 in down below even though most reactors are 3/4 fitting?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20231210_193425_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231210_193425_Gallery.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 43
That is kind of what I was thinking as well however the pipes going through the actual tank is 3/4 or 25mm return, emergency and down spout 1in or 32mm. So would it matter if I did all 1 in down below even though most reactors are 3/4 fitting?
It wont matter, you will just lose a bit of pressure when it steps down.
 
Do you think u COR15 will be enough 1500GPH or do I need to step it up to a 20?
 
Do you think u COR15 will be enough 1500GPH or do I need to step it up to a 20?
The Cor15 will only push 1500 on max pressure, you'd be better off with the bigger pump and running it a bit slower. You'll lose a bit of flow depending on the head pressure its pushing to, and how many elbows you have.

I'm running the 20, and only at about 40% as its going through a UV, but i used the 1.25" Pipe right through.
 
Well reason I was asking is because I am going to have several 90s especially with adding my UV as well. Just on my return line probably.... 5. Then manifold with 3 ( ball or gate ) valves. 2 for reactors and 1 for hard line UV.
 
So I have another question before I do the tank switch over.... I have hair algae on my current LR. Should I get all new rock for new tank or try and get rid of Hair And use in my new tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new