OP
OP
E

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has arrived! Was loaded backwards on the truck so the guy was about to give up trying to get it turned around. Ran out with my pallet jack and finally got it off. I'm in Dallas so receiving from Houston was a breeze. Came in perfect condition not a dint on the crate. As promised by Red Sea it has arrived ReefMat Ready and has the updated gate valve. The only thing I did not receive from the partial G2 upgrade was the red colored plumbing. I did not want to wait the extra few months for this so opted to just ship with old color.

The tank has me just in awe... The silicone work is outstanding... Its incredibly clean in areas where visual to the eye, and they really apply extra in places not visible. I'm so glad I went with the eurobracing... you can see all the extra places of contact for silicone and truly appreciate the extra structural support. The bracing on the bottom and armored seams also add that cherry on top with my confidence in this tank lasting decades. Looking from the top you can see the beautiful blue color that I've never seen highlighted before in other posts... beautiful. Overflow box is huge, the sump is crazy big... The tank itself is just freaking MASSIVE, I'm amazed and happy as a clam. Fiancée is pleased as well.

Tomorrow I will be sliding the tank off the pallet/stand top onto furniture dollies so that I can begin work on the stand assembly. I realized there's no way to slide the tank off myself. 3+ people are needed just to get the tank off so I can begin assembling the stand. Then I'll get 5 people to help lift the tank off the dollies and onto the stand. I definitely underestimated the 570lbs glass so the assemble process will take a bit longer than planned.

P.S. Fishtanksdirect was a fantastic experience... called me every step of the way with very detailed updates. They were awesome to deal with especially Jake. No sales tax on the tank, skimmer, and 2 reefwave 45s was a major savings... Highly recommend them to everyone.

t1.jpg
t2.jpg
t3.jpg
t4.jpg
t5.jpg
t6.jpg
t7.jpg

OP
OP
E

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! ReefMat?
It's Red Sea's new filtration equipment to replace filter socks. Supposed to be better. Here's a link to the product. The G2 are made so that the sock filter baffle is removable to accommodate the reefmat equipment. I will add one once I get into SPS 6-8 months down the line.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's Red Sea's new filtration equipment to replace filter socks. Supposed to be better. Here's a link to the product. The G2 are made so that the sock filter baffle is removable to accommodate the reefmat equipment. I will add one once I get into SPS 6-8 months down the line.
Yes, I meant were you planning to get one.

OP
OP
E

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I meant were you planning to get one.
I took the wrong 50/50 guess on what you meant lol. But yes definitely! I wanted my copepods to establish a bit without the burden of socks or mats. But with all my fish I wont have choice eventually.

Redbeardz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the wrong 50/50 guess on what you meant lol. But yes definitely! I wanted my copepods to establish a bit without the burden of socks or mats. But with all my fish I wont have choice eventually.
Very Nice!!! Picked up my S-1000 in Feb. Wish I could have swapped for the G2 sump. I’ll be breaking out the razor blades as soon as my Reefmat arrives!!!

bdouglas119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see your delivery went well. It took the shipping company 3 attempts to get it off the truck and the first time ended when they dropped the tank. Redsea was awesome and had a replacement sent that day, and my only beef was with the shipping company.

I am jealous of the reef mat ready sump. I see one in my future for sure.

OP
OP
E

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see your delivery went well. It took the shipping company 3 attempts to get it off the truck and the first time ended when they dropped the tank. Redsea was awesome and had a replacement sent that day, and my only beef was with the shipping company.

I am jealous of the reef mat ready sump. I see one in my future for sure.
Man sorry to hear your deliveries went so rough. For anyone purchasing this tank... get a pallet jack or rent one. Will be a HUGE help unloading and getting into your garage.

bdouglas119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man sorry to hear your deliveries went so rough. For anyone purchasing this tank... get a pallet jack or rent one. Will be a HUGE help unloading and getting into your garage.
Yea for sure I agree. They ended up changing the pallet it was on, but the way they loaded it, it didn’t fit on the ramp so I had my 4 brothers come and we all supported it while cutting part of the pallet so it could fit on the loading ramp. Overall not a good time but it’s been nothing but uphill from there

OP
OP
E

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 week delay folks...

Long story short, be sure that you never perform a leak test with the tank being on the ground. Always make sure that bulkheads are not sticking out further than the tank and if you're going to perform a leak test, make sure you have it on the stand first...

That said, Red Sea has the best customer service I have ever seen in a company hands down... Anyone that says otherwise is full of it. I cannot thank them enough for all their help.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 week delay folks...

Long story short, be sure that you never perform a leak test with the tank being on the ground. Always make sure that bulkheads are not sticking out further than the tank and if you're going to perform a leak test, make sure you have it on the stand first...

That said, Red Sea has the best customer service I have ever seen in a company hands down... Anyone that says otherwise is full of it. I cannot thank them enough for all their help.
Do we want to know or as a Red Sea owner should I use my imagination?

OP
OP
E

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we want to know or as a Red Sea owner should I use my imagination?
User stupidity. My unit didn't have the visual aid others should be receiving on the outside of the pallet. I just didn't use my head in hindsight. Red Sea went above and beyond though. Will never use another brand.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
User stupidity. My unit didn't have the visual aid others should be receiving on the outside of the pallet. I just didn't use my head in hindsight. Red Sea went above and beyond though. Will never use another brand.
Hey, **** happens. Red Sea has been great to me as well - I couldn't agree with you more.

OP
OP
E

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a question I'd like some help with... If I'm going to do a fish in cycle on this size tank. How many fish would you use? I have a Margined Coralfish and Bluethroat Trigger Pair I'd like to do the cycle with. They're clearly tired of their current 90gal tank.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a question I'd like some help with... If I'm going to do a fish in cycle on this size tank. How many fish would you use? I have a Margined Coralfish and Bluethroat Trigger Pair I'd like to do the cycle with. They're clearly tired of their current 90gal tank.
I'd just insta-cycle it. You can pre-cycle any new dry rock while you're waiting for the tank to arrive.

OP
OP
E

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just insta-cycle it. You can pre-cycle any new dry rock while you're waiting for the tank to arrive.
I have about 100lbs of rock that I'm transferring over thats been in my system for 8 months now, but then another 150lbs of new rock. I have 32ozs of turbostart on hand. Think that's enough for an instant cycle or should I wait a week or so to be safe?

By the way, new tank is getting here tomorrow... I really cannot believe how amazing Red Sea's customer service is... I opened my claim on Monday and new tank delivered on Friday. That's outstanding.

OP
OP
E

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank arrived a few days ago. Threw out my back just getting it off the pallet. Having a company move onto the stand next week then will post pics!

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back